Author Topic: Windowed/Fullscreen option?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Powerfox

Windowed/Fullscreen option?
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:56:22 am »
It would be nice if there were an option to run the game in fullscreen (IE it covers your whole screen, not just maximized) I get sick of running the game in a higher resolution, and being left with a huge ugly grey part at the bottom of my screen T_T

Also, maybe more menus with buttons that cover commands, with confirmation messages for the more important ones such as buying/unclaiming land, so it makes it easier for new people to know what to do (I have known quite a few people who quit because they hated asking for commands all the time, and couldnt remember them /sigh)

Oh wait, another thing. I made an appeal on one of the servers over a year ago which never got answered -

Allowing a player to give someone rights to specific square(s) on your land, so if you were letting a player freeload with you, it would be possible to give them their own little space and not worry about them poking through all of your chests.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 04:59:36 am by Powerfox »

Offline Lord Pikachu

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:33:21 am »
lick my dingdong, and your resolution must suck ass

just use a normal one like what i use, 1280x800 when i'm on single monitor mode

Don't tiger with me, keep that wolf to yourself or you'll be meeting up with a 7 day ban - Grinch
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 03:54:53 pm by Grinch »

Offline Malekith

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:28:18 am »
He has made the screen bigger (19x19) so the resolution wont leave a big ugly gap anymore

*Wonders to himself if pikas gonna get an ass kicking by grinch*
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Revolution

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:45:40 am »
Yeah, but it will be a year at the very least until Powerfox sees a change in resolution of the game client window... unless he or mick does 1 of 2 things...

1.  Powerfox plays Chaos...

2.  Mick puts the improved window client that is on Chaos currently into the rest of the worlds.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Malekith

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:55:55 am »
*Bites tongue so he doesnt get banned*
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Revolution

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 12:12:45 pm »
What'd I do?   o.o

Offline Malekith

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 12:18:19 pm »
Statment of the obvious... Need I say more?

Offline Revolution

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 12:44:23 pm »
Yes, you must... because I duno what I did to get you mad...

Offline Malekith

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 02:10:38 pm »
Not mad... Was just gonna yell about stating the obvious...

Offline Gizza

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 04:16:02 pm »
Another reason I like RPGWO is because I can go Semi-AFK and still be training.

Offline Lord Pikachu

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 04:17:27 pm »
I love to just bot overnight on Chaos.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 06:12:32 pm »
It will never be a true full screen game. That requires direct X and I ain't redoing all the GUI.

I made it so it fits in a 1024x768 screen. I plan to be able to maximize it and get a larger view for those who have larger resolution.
That doesn't mean they will be able to see farther. Just the stuff beyond their sight would be grayed out or something.

I plan to get rid of a lot of the chat commands and make them a menu or button or something. Like guilds, land, mail, etc.

Single space land rights? gah, ok, I'll put that on my list.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Drew

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 09:18:29 pm »
Want a big rpgwo screen?
Make your monitor 800X600 and hit maximize.
I don't know if it works for all computers, but I used to get one bigass full screen. Light Elf remembers. XD
EDIT: Yep. Still works. Mickey, why not add an option to change the resolution and such (either in the startup of some sort or separate program that keeps settings (logs))?

Because 800X600 does give you a nice screen.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:21:03 pm by Drew »
NeogeX - Steeltide - Level 30?*
NeogeX - Arcanium - Level noob
AtomicDestroyer - The Arena - Worst PK'er ever
Icenfire - Shadow - Level 60 Staff
Frililith - Ganymede - Level 72 Macer
Frililith - Hex - Level 66 Dagger
Hex V2 - LEVEL 72 DAGGER 2019
Hex V3 - Level 32 Unarmed 2020
Gallows V2 - ACTIVE

Offline Devil

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 06:40:42 pm »
Or, you could just buy a new monitore with an awesome resolution and detail so the size doesnt bother you?

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Altamer

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 04:30:41 pm »
Quote from: Mickey Kudlo
It will never be a true full screen game. That requires direct X and I ain't redoing all the GUI.

I made it so it fits in a 1024x768 screen. I plan to be able to maximize it and get a larger view for those who have larger resolution.
That doesn't mean they will be able to see farther. Just the stuff beyond their sight would be grayed out or something.

I plan to get rid of a lot of the chat commands and make them a menu or button or something. Like guilds, land, mail, etc.

Single space land rights? gah, ok, I'll put that on my list.

3 letters, YAY