Author Topic: Stealth  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Malekith

Stealth
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:32:23 pm »
I think the coding for it should be messed with, due to the fact that if you have 400 stealth, and a monster has 300 scan (or less) it will spot, even just one monster... Brigands have scan of about 50, and i have a stealth of 300, but a group of 10 of em can spot me withing 2 seconds, where as with missile defence, (when brigands had a missile attack of 50) you would evade every shot with 300 missile def, even with mob effect...

Just wish to make it more equil than it is at the moment between stealth and defenses, as at the moment, stealth is only used for ofscreen killing and to hide from monsters and run FAST... where as i imagen it being more sneaking up and stabing something hard... Which you have no chance in hell of doing at the moment in time...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Zodiak

Stealth
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »
Mob effect, though stealth damage bonus would be more interesting then.. but if you make it either too impossible it will get over used then you'll have 900 people walking around in stealth not being scanned at all
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

Stealth
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 01:42:38 pm »
Yeh but at the moment, if even if the monster has 200 scan less than your stealth, it has a 50/50 chance of scanning you... I have been scanned by monsters with 100 scan, even though there was just 1 or 2 of them, and my stealth was 400... it just sucks how easy it is to scan...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Revolution

Stealth
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:14:11 pm »
Yeah, but with players, you can scan with 75 scan or more to their stealth.

400 stealth = 325 scan or more needed.

I also hate the skill determination... WHY IN THE HELL would you need intelligence for stealthing?  It should be quick + dex /3.  Quickness so you can't be seen.  Dexterity to be able to stay in stealth...
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Malekith

Stealth
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 02:18:00 pm »
Being stealthy isnt about being quick, its about bein able to bend into spaces... and also being smart enough (aka intelligence...) enough to know when to move, when to stop, where to place your feet... etc...

Offline Light Elf

Stealth
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 02:18:09 pm »
Quote from: Revolution
Yeah, but with players, you can scan with 75 scan or more to their stealth.

400 stealth = 325 scan or more needed.

I also hate the skill determination... WHY IN THE HELL would you need intelligence for stealthing?  It should be quick + dex /3.  Quickness so you can't be seen.  Dexterity to be able to stay in stealth...

originally it was dex quick but that gave daggers and throwers MASSIVE stealth since those are their base attributes then came str dex based people and mages were being left out, so it was made dex int to satisfy all fighters equally since there is no dex int attack and all attacks have either dex or int as a base attribute.

Offline Revolution

Stealth
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 03:12:42 pm »
Quote from: Malekith
Being stealthy isnt about being quick, its about bein able to bend into spaces... and also being smart enough (aka intelligence...) enough to know when to move, when to stop, where to place your feet... etc...
You would also need to be quick.  Say you were hiding... you wouldn't need to know how to hide if you were almost spotted.  You would have to be quick enough to get out of their field of view before spotted.  It'd be better if it was dex + quick + int /3 or /4

Offline Trivium

Stealth
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 03:31:34 pm »
Scan is too tigering easy to train compared to stealth, and people have naturally high scan because of the attributes it takes.
Scan should not be trained by default.
Stealth, if remaining how it is right now, should be dropped to 5 points.
Vampire Blood can go tiger RIGHT off a cliff.

Offline Revolution

Stealth
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 03:47:08 pm »
LOL!  I don't get the "Stealth, if remaining how it is right now, should be dropped to 5 points." thingy.

Offline Trivium

Stealth
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 03:55:32 pm »
If it's still Dex/Intel, if scan is still trained by default, if scan is still so easy to train

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Stealth
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 04:55:16 pm »
dex X int -str / wisdom + Quick

270 attrib points.

say:

Dex: 90

Int: 50

Str: 50    

Quick: 60

Wisdom: 10

Life: 70

90 X 50 - 50 / 10 + 60

90 X 50 -50/10 + 60 = 4500 - 5 + 60

4555 Stealth. Perfect Equation.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

Stealth
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 05:02:04 pm »
If you have nothing to contribute worth hearing, dont bother wasting your time on posting it..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Stealth
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 05:07:44 pm »
it is THE BEST equation for stealth.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

Stealth
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 05:11:18 pm »
Why would..

1. Lower your Stealth, that doesnt make any sense..

2. Quickness has nothing to do with Stealth, just cause your fast, doesnt make you stealthy..

Leaving Wisdom Dex and Intel..

3. Wisdom, just cause if a mage went with it, they would have an upper hand, plus its more intelligent to go with intelligence.. some of us would know that..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Pirate Wings

Stealth
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 11:46:10 pm »
Why not just make stealth raise +1 for each stat you add and have.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Komodo

Stealth
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 02:26:11 am »
Stealth definitely does need to be fixed.  Not to the point that it's impossible to scan... just so I'm not being seen by every tigering monster even 200 scan below my stealth every other time.
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")
--------------------------------------------------------

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline King Dravien

Stealth
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 06:28:52 am »
Quote from: Wings
Why not just make stealth raise +1 for each stat you add and have.

If you mean like attributes, no, I'd have well over 1k stealth on my staff guy... lol
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Miner 49er

• Attack: 2852
    Defense: 2961
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 35
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Poll Votes Tenth year Anniversary Karma Bad
Stealth
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 06:57:20 am »
You guys do know that stealth gets a bonus at night and has a penalty during the day

Offline Malekith

Stealth
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 07:04:14 am »
only of +/-25 to 50

Offline Zodiak

Stealth
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 08:38:26 am »
How about.. we leave it as is.. and fix the mob effect?! lol
I'm just here watching..