Author Topic: NPC Traders  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Malekith

NPC Traders
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:22:12 pm »
This is more of a "look at and maybe change" rather than a new idea... there are HUGE bugs with being able to sell items to a NPC trader and the item dropping on the floor, and then being re sold again and again and again... Seen people empty out a trader of all its money with this before... SO i'd say the code really needs looking at and screwing around with so all items stack auto in the trader and stuff?
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Zodiak

NPC Traders
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
Or when you sell something to a trader it doesnt go on the trader it just vanishes.. that could maybe fix something?
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

NPC Traders
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 01:28:31 pm »
The idea of NPC traders is to make a player economy though, if the item vanishes it can't be re sold, so the trader will simply run out of cash after the server has been open for 5 mins...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Zodiak

NPC Traders
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 01:31:39 pm »
True, but if he changed the fact to they have unlimited cash and dims down on gold given for an item.. again depends on how he rolls with the server, and if you want to resell it, just buy a trader, You sell a bit, it vanishes.. you buy a trader and start reselling then..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

NPC Traders
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 01:34:14 pm »
Unlimited cash would give the same problem... Get a ton of say... Seeds, and sit there with your finger on the sell button... Millions in seconds...

And what u mean with the buy a trader bit? I mean as in the town traders like Sally the Baker n stuff, not players traders

Offline Zodiak

NPC Traders
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 01:38:14 pm »
Well, he could also make certain things unsellable to a server npc.. and if your worried that people are wanting to have it set where you resell stuff buy a trader then.. doesnt mean a trader in town needs to hold 932 +5 Fire Axe's.. lol
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

NPC Traders
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 01:40:37 pm »
Can simply make an item un sellable by changing its item catagory or removing that cata from the traders selling/buying cata...

Atm it is set to buy and resell,  but it only takes 20 of each item... theres just a bug that lets you abuse it sometimes...

Offline Zodiak

NPC Traders
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 01:44:06 pm »
So you add a bunch of weapons and armor and items and all server npc's are stocked with them.. when you sell somsething to them it vanishes.. you gain some money, people can buy what they need then and not get it from someone that just threw a bunch of junk on a server npc.. might as well let the reselling happen on player traders..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

NPC Traders
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 05:06:56 pm »
Needa adjust some of the prices.... sell iron battles staffs (20 of em) and get around 20-30k... nuff said.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

NPC Traders
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 05:12:09 pm »
Sell something so easily made for 1k? I think not..
I'm just here watching..