Author Topic: Email Verification and Password Confirmation  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Zodiak

Email Verification and Password Confirmation
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:03:25 am »
Email Verification would make it harder for people to spam new accounts and he could keep tabs of emails then..

Password Confirmation just for the off chance you mistype something..

When Creating a new account that is..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 11:07:16 am »
This is already in Mr. Zod... Just isnt used v often nemore because it could take a long time to activate the acct, and on a newb world thats not good...

Maybe have a IP detector that does it if there is more then 1 acct from the same IP... maybe?
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Revolution

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:21:30 am »
Admins can already do that... idiot.

What Mick needs to do is set up a verification system that automatically sends the verification e-mail to the address you entered.  The same one cannot be used more than once.  With this, he should also include your username and password, in case you accidentally forget it or something.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 11:30:05 am »
Ok.. Re read what i said.. Did i say account activation? No.. I said Email Verification.. So before you comment make sure you know the full extent of what i just said.. As far as Rev, hush puppy..

Do i need to break it down for everyone? Or do people get what i mean..

Half of you should know damn well i know theres Account Activation by Admins.. but i said Email Verification..

Here ill break it down anyways..

Email Verification - Email is sent when the account is made, pretty much you click something and it activates it.. Ooo ahh?

Password Conformation - You type in your password 2 times and it makes sure they match

I figured I could keep some stuff short and to the point, but sometimes i wonder..
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:32:03 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:35:27 am »
OH!  Well, that's usually done when there's a "Check" link that checks your email when you register or something...
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:38:49 am »
Fact of the matter is the verifcation wont work because all of the accounts are saved server side,in a file, and that would kind of link them to some sort of web based stuff, most games accounts are saved through some sort of database type system...

the Password thing is doable..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 11:42:16 am »
No revo admins CAN'T already do that. Admins have a recent client list that shows accts that have the same IP, but it doesnt stop people from coming online from the same IP... Check things before you call me an idiot.

And its not like its hard to make a new email address, I have 5-6 Hotmail ones alone, as well as my ISP email, 3 college emails, etc...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 11:45:33 am »
Well, its possible i guess, but the thing is its more trouble for a person to make multi accounts come online to bug people.. thats the point.. not more of the point to make sure to verify lol

It would be more bothersome for someone to get lets say.. banned to come back create.. verify.. then come on and do that multiple times if they are being a real pest.. and as far as Admin activation that died out, no one wants to activate  everyones account..

as far as dual clients.. he could make the client unable to run multiple times.. people can get around that.. yet more bothersome, less people that might..
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:47:24 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..