Author Topic: Animation  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Trivium

Animation
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:44:52 am »
Not a necesity, but some character movement/attacking/casting animation would brighten up the game.

Offline Revolution

Animation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:20:41 am »
Well, you have to go into detail before anyone can provide feedback.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Zodiak

Animation
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:57:55 am »
I figure, hes talking about a walking motion of a character, but you have to remember character wise they are always changing, armors, weapons and then you have your /image commands so as far as walking animations im not too sure on, kind of the same with attacking its a 2d game not much detail you can show... Spells animations just all depends on the spell and who makes them i guess..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Animation
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:48:14 am »
It would be tedious, but could be done...

Real tigering tedious.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Revolution

Animation
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:53:24 am »
Yeah, ALOT of work would have to be done.  But it all depends if only certain images will have it, or no images but the default one (/image 0)
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Animation
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:54 am »
Nope, just take about a month of straight work to do it...

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Komodo

Animation
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 02:52:29 am »
Dragon Quest is a 2d game and it doesn't have animations for everything. tiger. until the 8th game your character wasn't even on the screen when you had a battle - just the enemy, but there was an animation for when you attacked the enemy... the fireball flying towards them or whatever.

No walking animations and MILLIONS of people play the games... hmm....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:57:21 am by Komodo »
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline Malekith

Animation
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 11:12:59 am »
Attack and casting animations arent hard to do, just add them to the animation.ini but wlaking ones... why slaughter the person drawing em, and i think they wud lkill the server with lag... iono... if everyone ran em whilst walking that wud put a lot of train on them...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Animation
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 12:55:54 pm »
Well... We could get somone we hate to do it...

Offline Zodiak

Animation
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 01:04:03 pm »
Or not do walking animation.. think its probably a waste of time.. as far as the others thats cake.. just need images
I'm just here watching..

Offline Luna

Animation
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 04:39:50 pm »
walking is a more simple animation. only takes 2 frames that repeat eachother over and over again.

Animation
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 04:46:15 pm »
2 frames x amount of wear images = buttload

Offline Crazy Lou

Animation
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 10:35:21 pm »
Well, RPGWO2. Happies. Anyways, I'm thinking that, if a player wants an animation... they can input it themselves, like BYOND. It works, and I've tried it.

Offline Pirate Wings

Animation
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 11:44:22 pm »
Not a priority. Maybe something to look into when everything else that needs doing gets done.

As far as like making a certain image number doing something funky you could perhaps draw it up and ask nicely for it to be added in game and get your image changed to that number. I'm not sure if player image can be animated at the moment though.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Mystic

Animation
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 06:42:23 am »
I like the idea, the only real problem I see is if you try to make full animations (Like trying to cast, swing a weapon, etc.) due to the character size 32x32 pixels.

However some basic animations would be nice, like your character faces what direction he moves.

Offline Malekith

Animation
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 06:58:59 am »
Walking animation just wouldnt work due to lag issues... Imagen 30 people online and all of them walking, let alone getting animations from hitting stufff... the server will die damn fast cus people wont be able to walk lol... and inputting your own couldnt work, but asking nicelly would... iono...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Mystic

Animation
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 07:04:24 am »
Well, I guess I wouldn't call what I said an animation, just your character's avatar would change when you move a direction. If you played Chip's Challenge before you'd know what I'm talking about.

Offline Komodo

Animation
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 07:08:33 am »
Quote from: Mystic
Well, I guess I wouldn't call what I said an animation, just your character's avatar would change when you move a direction. If you played Chip's Challenge before you'd know what I'm talking about.
fo' shizzle chicken grizzle
The BIG list of
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline Malekith

Animation
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 07:13:40 am »
like one with 1 leg foward, one with leg back and other 1 foward, etc?

Offline Brendan

Animation
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 07:13:43 am »
Chip's Challenge was the first PC game I ever playd, back on the windows 3.1. Damn I loved that game.