Author Topic: More Suggestions  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Zodiak

More Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 09:40:34 pm »
Of course there would be a radius of where it would get casted around lets say the caster, otherwise if it just covered all party members no matter where they are i can see that getting pretty abused.. say.. You have a friend start.. he wants boosts.. then y ou ended up partying with him while you 8 sectors away and just boost him from there, that would be ridiculous.. it would all have to work on a radius around you, which would also put on a limit of party members that could get it.. depends on party size.. I just think maybe at a point, lets say lvl 20 with 250 Red Magic you can cast Strength Team I - Its the party version of lets say Strength other II, this would one depending on the lazyness of the people either just cast the 40 bonus.. or if they have people to mana them through, go ahead and cast the full 60 on each of the person one at a time with each bonus.. but the higher you go the higher the bonus.. say it stops at a 85 bonus on only team buffs, it would maybe make it more difficult as far as buffing the whole team, possibly just learn then you can do it with just the normal team buffs rather then messing with boosting everyone one buy one, if theres people that cant buff themself, seeing theres a big demand of people having red magic at a point..

Would also keep with a Level cap on some spells from level 10's with full gear getting all the spells learned and usable..
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 09:43:46 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Grinch

More Suggestions
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 09:45:49 pm »
It'd make supporting characters more useful, for sure.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Zodiak

More Suggestions
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 09:54:37 pm »
Well thats kinda what i imagine, it would go on the lead of not having classes.. but your skills being your job in the group.. even though your spec'd as a black mage.. your better off with magic and the group needs a healer.. so you take up healing.. So your not running around as some priest.. your a mage, you can still level like normal just in the situation you heal.. even someone with dagger could be duped into healing at some point, so again your skills you have are jobs that maybe more put into
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

More Suggestions
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 08:39:50 am »
Quote from: Zodiak
Of course there would be a radius of where it would get casted around lets say the caster, otherwise if it just covered all party members no matter where they are i can see that getting pretty abused.. say.. You have a friend start.. he wants boosts.. then y ou ended up partying with him while you 8 sectors away and just boost him from there, that would be ridiculous.. it would all have to work on a radius around you, which would also put on a limit of party members that could get it.. depends on party size.. I just think maybe at a point, lets say lvl 20 with 250 Red Magic you can cast Strength Team I - Its the party version of lets say Strength other II, this would one depending on the lazyness of the people either just cast the 40 bonus.. or if they have people to mana them through, go ahead and cast the full 60 on each of the person one at a time with each bonus.. but the higher you go the higher the bonus.. say it stops at a 85 bonus on only team buffs, it would maybe make it more difficult as far as buffing the whole team, possibly just learn then you can do it with just the normal team buffs rather then messing with boosting everyone one buy one, if theres people that cant buff themself, seeing theres a big demand of people having red magic at a point..

Would also keep with a Level cap on some spells from level 10's with full gear getting all the spells learned and usable..
I have NO idea what you said... too much to read, I read it, but... just don't understand
Also, explain to me how group healing/reviving/mana infusing could be abused...
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Zodiak

More Suggestions
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:55 am »
Ok, you mentioned that, there should be no limit of how far away a part member is away to get the group heal, group stamina, even group boosts.

You have a lower friend thats 8 sectors away that needs boost, generally you would have to run 8 sectors to boost, with the "No Limit Distance" it would allow you to boost someone 8 sectors away.. There by people abusing that to boost people.. I personally dont feel that would do any good, and might as well just make them radius based spells..

Then my 2nd explanation was the fact that all spells should have some sort of actual level requirement, so at level 10 you can not learn Blackhole Other IV, it would make it so at certain levels only certain damage was able to be dealt, this goes along with the level requirement on weapons and armor, so at certain levels theres even damage being dealt.

Group boosts, would allow to conserve mana, instead of boosting lets say myself, you, and grinch each with one spell.. 900 times, i would push group boost and it would boost all 3 of us at the same time with lets say, strength.

Get it?
Got it?
Good.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:53:19 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

More Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:25 am »
Not the abusive part... or any of it.

If you're going to boost someone 8 sectors away, why does that matter?  It saves you from moving 8 sectors.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

More Suggestions
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 10:01:52 am »
Omfg.....

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

More Suggestions
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 10:08:40 am »
If you dont understand any of this just quit posting, the fact of the matter game wise its not good, make players actually run around and do stuff not be able to boost from 8 sectors away.. thats like giving your friend a peice of armor 8 sectors away it should happen.
I'm just here watching..

More Suggestions
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 10:16:28 am »
You mean shouldn't right?

If not.... oh shiz...

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

More Suggestions
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 10:22:23 am »
Eh shouldn't, still sick and tired, rofl.. but ya you know what i mean.. you just gotta take all thoughts of it being abused.. without radius it would be..
I'm just here watching..

More Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 10:52:54 am »
Hell? The devil would think it was raining anvils down there!