Author Topic: Duel Weapons  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Revolution

Duel Weapons
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 08:26:47 am »
Okaaaaay?  So why're you putting a Mission server as an example?  >.>  Anyways... that's the point of Duo weps.  They're supposed to be insanely strong and a little OP.  Face it.  It's impossible for anyone to make it where everyone is happy with how the weapons are set up.  But Dual weps should be overpowered.  It's 2 weapons... so x2 the dmg of 1, and x2 the speed of 1.  That's the entire point.  Then again, that leaves bow, xbow, and BM left out.  Not sure what to do about them.  Unless you get like a Demonic Crossbow or something that has 1.5 or 2.0 speed but hits low.  For bow, use a Bow Of The Undead or something.  It would hit high, but at 3.0 or 3.5 speed.  As for BM, mabye add strong spells.  Oh...waiiiiiiiiiit......I gots an idea!  Use sorcery staffs!  Because constantly using wimpy, stubby wands gets boring.  So use like staffs.  You could make these like finding a certain orb by accident like mining a rock and discover a particular orb... but I'll make a new topic for this.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Zodiak

Duel Weapons
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 08:46:16 am »
This is why you rework damage and Hp.. With change theres more change.. you have to remember the server also sends out errors when certain damage is exceeded... So he would have to rework damage, and depending on the xp system possibly raising the limit on hp/stam/mana  so it might work out in the end
I'm just here watching..

Offline chronolink

Duel Weapons
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 09:17:52 am »
Quote from: Revolution
Okaaaaay?  So why're you putting a Mission server as an example?  >.>  Anyways... that's the point of Duo weps.  They're supposed to be insanely strong and a little OP.  Face it.  It's impossible for anyone to make it where everyone is happy with how the weapons are set up.  But Dual weps should be overpowered.  It's 2 weapons... so x2 the dmg of 1, and x2 the speed of 1.  That's the entire point.  Then again, that leaves bow, xbow, and BM left out.  Not sure what to do about them.  Unless you get like a Demonic Crossbow or something that has 1.5 or 2.0 speed but hits low.  For bow, use a Bow Of The Undead or something.  It would hit high, but at 3.0 or 3.5 speed.  As for BM, mabye add strong spells.  Oh...waiiiiiiiiiit......I gots an idea!  Use sorcery staffs!  Because constantly using wimpy, stubby wands gets boring.  So use like staffs.  You could make these like finding a certain orb by accident like mining a rock and discover a particular orb... but I'll make a new topic for this.

Should be OP? Are you missing the point here? Imagine your mage duel-casting.... yeh, that'd work so well

Mage: Pew Pew! DEAD!
Mage 1 second later: Pew Pew! DEAD!

Rinse and repeat

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Revolution

Duel Weapons
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 09:51:28 am »
Never once said anything about a mage dual casting >.>

Offline Grinch

Duel Weapons
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 02:30:50 pm »
Revo, your logic doesn't make sense.

You're saying that you can do twice the damage in half the time of one weapon. That doesn't make sense.  In essence, it should be twice the damage in twice the time.

EG: 10 damage at 2 seconds (single)
      20 damage at 4 seconds (dual)

But that really wouldn't make sense, because you'd be doing the same damage anyway with one weapon over 4 seconds (10 x 2 hits = 20 damage over 4 seconds). So you'd either have to increase the damage, or decrease the time. I think that increasing the damage would be better than super fast attacks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:33:13 pm by Grinch »
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Zodiak

Duel Weapons
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 02:44:54 pm »
It would more go..

Main Hand: 10 dmg (2 sec)
Off Hand: 5 dmg (2 sec)

your off hand will never hit harder then your main hand, or it atleast shouldnt.. as far as speed i guess it depends.. generally you would use your off hand not as much as your main hand..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Trivium

Duel Weapons
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 02:58:13 pm »
How's this.
Use Short sword on Short sword to get Dual short sword.

Short sword stats = 5 - 10.
Dual short sword should be something like Min damage * 1.75, and max damge * 1.75, so..
dual short sword would be something like 8 - 17.

Let this work with every weapon which isn't 2 handed to start with.

And if this system is added, let shields be MUCH more effective, or everyone would just use dual weapons.

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Duel Weapons
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 02:59:17 pm »
Most games that have dual wield EX: Diablo II has it like this

Same speed throughout whole thing

First weapon normal dammage

Second weapon half dammage and half the bonuses if any.

Tadah

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Komodo

Duel Weapons
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 02:09:21 am »
Weapon 1: 3 dmg over 2 seconds
Weapon 2: 2 dmg over 2 seconds

Weapon 1&2: 5 dmg over 2 seconds

???

Seems simple enough.

Also, you're off-hand weapon should be able to block an opponents blow,
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")
--------------------------------------------------------

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline chronolink

Duel Weapons
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 06:09:10 am »
Quote from: Komodo
Weapon 1: 3 dmg over 2 seconds
Weapon 2: 2 dmg over 2 seconds

Weapon 1&2: 5 dmg over 2 seconds

???

Seems simple enough.

Also, you're off-hand weapon should be able to block an opponents blow,

Are you talking about a Damage Over Time or a Cast Over Time?

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Malekith

Duel Weapons
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 07:02:13 am »
I did mean as in the secondary weapon is along the lines of half damage and same speed... or so...

meaning you neg the chance for extra armour for a lil bit more damage
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Revolution

Duel Weapons
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 10:44:20 am »
My logic does make sense.

If you take 1 weapon, you have to hit hard, so when you are, it can't be very fast.  Once you get another weapon, you have to weapons to swing instead of one... so you can get in more hits in less time.

Ex:  I use a Sword.  -Hit- 2 second wait... -hit-
But with dual swords... I would do this... -Hit- 1 second wait... -hit-
You have a second weapon to attack with instead of using the same one over and over.

Offline Zodiak

Duel Weapons
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2007, 10:59:52 am »
How about..

Main Hand - coding to give it 100% of the weapon on it.. which means its normal.. main hand also has the ability to hold a shield, adding a possible bonus to AL for using the main hand..   so 100% Weapon - 150% Shield ( shield would go from say 5 AL to about 7 al) just more Armor level then, just an idea

Offhand - coding would be for shield normal 100% but for a weapon would be a drop cause your off hand would never be as good as your main hand so say 75%

So theres no real making 2 different weapons or anything, it just auto deducts what damage or speed of the % of the actual weapon?

As far as attack speed, i would only figure the attack speed wouldnt change.. 2 swords at 2 speed would hit almost at the same time.. wack wack... 2 sec wack wack.. or something..?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:00:41 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Malekith

Duel Weapons
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2007, 11:03:48 am »
Revo, you ever held 2 swords and tried to swing em, if you think you can swoing 1, then the other, and actually hit with skill, you are VERY wrong, you are just thinking about flailing your arms and selotaping the swords into your hands... the second weapon is VERY rairly used for attacking, it is a defense weapon mainly, hence why it should be the same speed, if not less, and do about half the damage...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Zodiak

Duel Weapons
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 11:50:56 am »
Exactly... what was said before  you would just have ot figure out what % you wanted to take off the off hand weapon, 50% would seem ok but to some too low.. but 75% may seem too high to some too..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

Duel Weapons
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2007, 11:53:01 am »
Quote from: Malekith
Revo, you ever held 2 swords and tried to swing em, if you think you can swoing 1, then the other, and actually hit with skill, you are VERY wrong, you are just thinking about flailing your arms and selotaping the swords into your hands... the second weapon is VERY rairly used for attacking, it is a defense weapon mainly, hence why it should be the same speed, if not less, and do about half the damage...
Erm... I have tried.  I don't aim well, but I can hit very fast.

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Duel Weapons
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2007, 12:54:02 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
How about..

Main Hand - coding to give it 100% of the weapon on it.. which means its normal.. main hand also has the ability to hold a shield, adding a possible bonus to AL for using the main hand.. so 100% Weapon - 150% Shield ( shield would go from say 5 AL to about 7 al) just more Armor level then, just an idea  

Offhand - coding would be for shield normal 100% but for a weapon would be a drop cause your off hand would never be as good as your main hand so say 75%

So theres no real making 2 different weapons or anything, it just auto deducts what damage or speed of the % of the actual weapon?

As far as attack speed, i would only figure the attack speed wouldnt change.. 2 swords at 2 speed would hit almost at the same time.. wack wack... 2 sec wack wack.. or something..?

Main Hand:  100% Damage and 75% Shield*

Off Hand: 50% Damage and 125% shield*

*results may vary

Quote from: Zodiak
How about..

Main Hand - coding to give it 100% of the weapon on it.. which means its normal.. main hand also has the ability to hold a shield, adding a possible bonus to AL for using the main hand.. so 100% Weapon - 150% Shield ( shield would go from say 5 AL to about 7 al) just more Armor level then, just an idea  

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

Duel Weapons
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2007, 01:24:53 pm »
Except your main hand would be stronger and with-hold more then your off hand?
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

Duel Weapons
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 03:15:29 pm »
On hand - 100% Shield and Attack

Off Hand - 75% attack and shield or 50% shield

But with this, you would have to make normal shields x1.5 or x2 stronger than usual.

Offline Zodiak

Duel Weapons
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 04:00:36 pm »
Which is pretty much the same thing! Ugh!
I'm just here watching..