Author Topic: RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS  (Read 6775 times)

Offline TwoD

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 03:03:50 pm »
Well, what about the official ones? To be honest, if I were Mickey I would already be pretty pissed off to develop the game and to host servers.. I would feel quiet betrayed not having the support of the people.
I also create my own games and when something like that happens, you don't want to know how it feels..
Oh, and hosting a rpgwo decent server might be pretty hard.. unless you use your own box (and this option sucks!) you won't find in the market windows servers for cheap, and I guess the server is win32.. it might seem quite a temptation to "oh wow, Im hosting my own rpgwo server in my very own box" but believe me, you will find quite suckable to do it when you actually begin to host it..
It looks like childish when you guys claim it is a "revolution", actually it aint, it is anarchy and it will ruin the game.
Scidhuv wont have anything to lose, he's a skilled hacker and that's what we can guess.
Mickey wont lose anything else too, unless the joy of having people playing his own game, but I believe last atitudes are being pretty bad.

So, guess who's losing in all of this?

What I'm saying: Mickey + Scidhuv = Better game, Mickey - Scidhuv = Bad game
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 03:06:50 pm by TwoD »

Offline @@Admin Nash

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 03:16:03 pm »
lol what are you smokeing. This game has been dieing for a long time, and it not that hard to host a server really lol just have a good net connection and a nice sized computer and ur set.  

Most of these rouge servers are probably going to be for personal use kinda like a stand alone version of the game for people. Then there will be the people with servers aleady or just a really good comp/ can build themselves a comp, That will probably host a server and it will work out for a while, i guess we will find out.

Offline TwoD

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 03:22:23 pm »
lol what are you smokeing. This game has been dieing for a long time, and it not that hard to host a server really lol just have a good net connection and a nice sized computer and ur set. 

Most of these rouge servers are probably going to be for personal use kinda like a stand alone version of the game for people. Then there will be the people with servers aleady or just a really good comp/ can build themselves a comp, That will probably host a server and it will work out for a while, i guess we will find out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2633\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you say so.. hope you're right, because of all that I've seen, you're not.. except for the personal use, which in time, will get you bored. Things are not that simple, you know?
Just hope that the game continues after all this wolf.. Because it rocks.. And I still need to blackhole the wolf out of your arses, heh

Offline Ruchmathar

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 03:51:28 pm »
It seems to me that Mickey already gave up to Rhaorth (and UT). All he's doing is playing the coding monkey for Rha and letting her use his name for additional authority, like for bans (lol) or in the 'news' on the rpgwo homepage (that 'Stopping the rumours' entry just screams rhaorth at me, Mickey never used that many words and not in such a 'flowery' manner)

If anything destroyed this game then it was Mickey giving in to powermongering and plain blackmail Rha: "If you give the server to jon I will make UT drop the ervers and quit myself and you sure don't want to spend time training a new @@@ to replace me" (i can dig up a conversation like that from my logs, it was hold in modchat)

Rhaorth has never made any effort to train a successor for if she might get struck by lightning or something, making Mickey depend on her and UT (well, UT is Rha's boy-toy, so he doesn't really count), putting her in a position that enables to dominate Mickey.

Of course I can't tell Mick what to do but having a couple of 'pirate' servers around is a easy way to get new server admins with experience to replace Rhaorth eventually. And in addition he'll get some innovative world ideas and not some Frankenstein Patchwork as seems to be standard at this time.

Heck, I might even get a server myself to fiddle around with some ideas just to kill some boredom.

[btw, Anarchy only does not work because the majority of people just don't have the brains, self constraint and principles to control their animalistic, egoistic, destructive urges. If people could control themselves there wouldn't be much need for a 'higher' reign of power]
No Mercy for the Cruel

Offline StevenTox

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 04:12:29 pm »
Hehe 1.15

Offline @@Admin Nash

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 04:38:03 pm »
I can never get bored with this, i already coed and tested coing to the bathroom lmao took only 1hr

If Mickey was really smart he would get involved kill...er...fire Rha and start over with a few servers and a group of Admins from the other servers that can code and wolf and didnt screw over the server owners .

I dunno maby im just rambling, what do ya think?

Someone needs to throw some coffie or water at mick to wake him up lol

PS: I dont feel like changeing my name lol to much work

Offline Auron

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 05:00:55 pm »
GOTO MY Server: 65.191.138.162

Offline Axeman

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 06:54:40 pm »
Ok errm underground looks cool but ain't that good..
I ain't lying I never wanted to see the server, but.. not by this way.. this will only lead to mickey giving up developing the game.. sure, you can always play the game, but maybe not without all the people (like playing in a central place) and all that anarchy implies..
Perhaps you (we too, as players) should consider a position..
Why don't you Mickey and Scidhuv consider an alliance or something like that? You both are good and skilled, guess all the people would support that..
Personally, as a gamer, I just want to have fun playing!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2626\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mickey give up developing the game?  That happened years ago.

Offline scidhuv

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 10:09:17 pm »
Games a mess at the moment, im just freeing it up. As for Mickeys 'Scidhuv has put credit card number stealers in it', lol well yeh I suppose I could have but I dont see the point myself.

Besides im wondering if Mickey will officially release the server to stop this 'problem'. Its his easiest way out

Mickey could end this problem another way very quick, but im not going to give out how. I'll tell him if he gives me an official world :-p
Stuff

Offline Pirate Wings

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 12:53:55 am »
Hey, this is a good way to piss mickey off but i think it'll scatter the player base if everyone has rogue servers. Oh well, a bit of fun for an already dieing game. Underground will probly end up being released as an official server and it would be kind of nice for mick n scid to work together.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline chronolink

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2005, 07:59:19 am »
Rogue servers aren't anything new, not really. Some of the old vets used to play on them when the right people were hosting. I liked it when Daegan let me on his rogue server that was cool. But /beginpropoganda command to throw a spear at RPGWO might go really well

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Pirate Wings

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2005, 08:56:24 am »
thankyou it worked I must have by some freakish chance put a volume id in that was already banned. The only thing I can think that I was doing wrong
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Metrosh

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2005, 11:31:30 am »
I think it's about time for RPGWO to go away forever.. Seriously, I've wasted years on this game.  It would probably be better for all of us if it just died. :-p
Bitchin'.

Offline StevenTox

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2005, 11:50:15 am »
Games a mess at the moment, im just freeing it up. As for Mickeys 'Scidhuv has put credit card number stealers in it', lol well yeh I suppose I could have but I dont see the point myself.

Besides im wondering if Mickey will officially release the server to stop this 'problem'. Its his easiest way out

Mickey could end this problem another way very quick, but im not going to give out how. I'll tell him if he gives me an official world :-p
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Scidhuv out of all this are you trying to get your own world?

Offline Pauleh

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 01:43:08 pm »
Rogue servers have always been around, only the vets ever knew em, either way it doesnt change anything, people will keep playing the real servers because there toon is there and so on.

Offline @@Admin Nash

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 03:42:44 pm »
yea i knew of a few 1.06 servers out there but 1.06 is boaring lol 1.15 rulez!

Offline Jeroy

RPGWO 1.15 SERVERS
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2005, 07:44:12 pm »
Well Rgoue Servers are fun........fun indeed, and for those players who find nothing interesting out of the supposedly "Official -  Good - Supposed to be updated" Servers, then its a perfect outlet. Im not saying its right that these our hosted, but honestly, who wants to play on servers that bring nothing knew to the table. Basically were doin the same thing we've been doing since we first started the game, whether it be 1, 2, 3 or 4 years ago.
------"Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the Devil, and The Gov't is lying to you about 9-11....." -- Huey Freeman' "The Boondocks"