Author Topic: Some things  (Read 6617 times)

Offline Zodiak

Some things
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:34:58 pm »
Lets see here..

1.) Group aspect -- Such as something you might need more then one person for and be a bit tougher then the whole "Behe" pretty much towards the fact the monster heals at a large amount meaning randomly it might go from 20% to 50% and with its large amount of health you might need a white mage near handy to keep the person that has "agro" alive.. This would go handy with smaller monsters that would take only 2-3 people to take down before the big monster which would be the.. lets say 5 man? But if you really would want to jack up the party amount you could do rare monster spawns that might take 10-20 players to kill.. On the other hand Auto-Re-spawn i would like to get fixed into maybe Resurrection type, White mages being able to resurrection meaning you could make these "Elite Monsters" a bit more harder as you go meaning your white mages might have to watch a bit more, on the other hand theres no way to party really and the fact if there was a way to party someway to see party members health. -- Also "Elite Monsters" Drop more then average "Stuff" that would have to be argued over to who gets it.. there could be a rolling system put it but who knows **Shrugs**

2.) Weapon and Armor -- I feel these things need to be completely rethought, I feel there should be a massive array of what needs to be open here, everything from weapon that can only be got from monster drops to weapons that can be crafted from just normal blacksmithing to stuff maybe to be smithed in certain areas, (Maybe in areas after you kill one of the group "Elite Monsters) same for the armor, pretty much having your normal array of weapons then your elite stuff that will be harder to get.

3.) Money (Perks) -- I feel as far as perks, they are needed to play the game after a certain point, which loses quite a few players if they can't ever find a player to buy for them for something like damon or even gold. Feel that this is a disadvantage as far as players well offness.. I feel that perks should be abolished and a system of points should be brought in.. 1 USD = 100 points   these points would be used to buy certain items that can only be got through this buying system. This would open the game to everyone and all that choose to buy some of these items (whatever they might be) will be able to do so when they choose to. If this is done might be able to be coded that when you make a purchase of points through, lets say paypal, the points automatically poof onto your account after the payment as been sent through. Instead of having to wait for some admin to decide to give you your perks.

4.) Drops -- All monsters need to drop a very large array of items.. everything from weapons, armors, crafting items, and so on.. This will open the aspect of farming for items in game, some people like to farm.. some don't.. But this might bring in some other players to play more.

5.) "Profession" -- Not really professions you might say but jobs such as farming and such, i think maybe there should be a chance when your digging for mining or ploughing for farming that there should be a slight chance of getting an item, on the other hand this would open it for people that like to macro which is a disadvantage and otherwise looked as bad, so in all reality might not be a good thing, but you know the idea.

6.) Traveling -- This really depends on the person, many people have asked for a alternative way to travel such as riding the mule and such, on the other hand at a certain point your run gets high enough to pretty much run sectors easily without any trouble.. So maybe a suggestion on a few things.. Run speed doesnt have that much of an effect as it does now, or maybe when you are in "battle" you actually slow down so you cant really attack something and instantly run off.. It slows you down so you cant just do like a run by attack.

If i get any other ideas ill post them.. Heh
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

Some things
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 04:42:29 pm »
Lol... took me at least 5 mins to read that!  >_<

Nice ideas, though.  Except for the perks!  ._.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline Zodiak

Some things
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 04:47:18 pm »
Getting rid of perks would kill the cap.. Why is that bad? This would just open it to whoever that wants to play.. not playing it until hitting cap then begging for perks..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
Some things
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 04:49:43 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
Getting rid of perks would kill the cap.. Why is that bad? This would just open it to whoever that wants to play.. not playing it until hitting cap then begging for perks..

Yea. I'm not a fan of perks either. But the that is how RPGWO makes its money I thought?
#

Offline Revolution

Some things
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 04:51:27 pm »
OH.  I thought the cap would still be there.  Yeah, great ideas then.  Heh.  I just don't like the whole "game shop" idea.  People with money will be better than everyone else.

Quote from: Pepin
Yea. I'm not a fan of perks either. But the that is how RPGWO makes its money I thought?
It does... but if Mick would get a REAL JOB, he could cancel out the perk system.

Offline Zodiak

Some things
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 04:58:03 pm »
No, Listen.. Heres the thing about it, he kills the cap, opens a "Shop" 1 USD (Dollar) = 100 Points .. These points will be used to buy items ingame, (Items only gettable by these points), Alot of the stuff could be useful, rather then farming maybe you pay a dollar for a crafting part you need.. or something.. and if everyone does, and so on, it adds up, trust me
I'm just here watching..

Offline Revolution

Some things
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 05:00:37 pm »
No, you shouldn't do that.  If it's something you NEED, then it should be normally obtainable.  Just stuff that falls into the extras category... like boosting your skills or something.

Offline Daegan

Some things
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 05:03:37 pm »
Quote from: ####
It does... but if Mick would get a REAL JOB, he could cancel out the perk system.
Mickey shouldn't have to use his money to a support a game he doesn't play. A one-time fee that is still cheaper then most games in the bargain bin of warl-marx is not a lot to ask from people.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Revolution

Some things
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 05:08:27 pm »
Never knew you could do that... but as maker of this game, he has to make sure it keeps running, at least, until he sells it to someone more willing.

Offline Zodiak

Some things
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 05:21:02 pm »
Should I explain this to you, no other way to say it but like this.. The concept of this is that when theres a little 12 year old.. that has parents that are well off, and when he says mom i want this and shes like yes son heres my card the concept there is that mickey at one point could make a bit of money off just one person when there might be 2 or 3 that dont ever have the money to ever do anything.. Also theres a part of where people pay for something get it and from there they might want to buy somethign else cause it was easier to do that then farm..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Lord Darkness

Some things
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 05:55:33 pm »
Quote from: Revolution
OH.  I thought the cap would still be there.  Yeah, great ideas then.  Heh.  I just don't like the whole "game shop" idea.  People with money will be better than everyone else.

he has a job...he gets loooads of money
1st Steeltide - lvl 29 Xbower  No Damon
2nd Steeltide - lvl 55 Mage 1 Damon
Nulona  -  lvl 66 Mage   5 Damons
Nulona  - lvl 40 Bow    5 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 73 Bow   8 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 1000 @@Admin
Asylum - lvl 24 Mace      0 Damons!! :O

Offline Revolution

Some things
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 06:45:16 pm »
He does?  Then why does he need perks to keep the game up and running?

Offline Grinch

Some things
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 07:18:45 pm »
I wouldn't want my salary going towards a game that doesn't bring in revenue. Wouldn't you want your salary going to groceries and new toys and a new house or a new car? Perks help keep the server costs down (over 100 bucks US a month for just one).
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Gizza

Some things
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 08:02:41 pm »
Okay, Just think. Mickey works makes money for his family ect.. RPGWO is just to keep his servers up.. It's nothing to do with his real life $$

Offline Komodo

Some things
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 08:05:31 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
No, Listen.. Heres the thing about it, he kills the cap, opens a "Shop" 1 USD (Dollar) = 100 Points .. These points will be used to buy items ingame, (Items only gettable by these points), Alot of the stuff could be useful, rather then farming maybe you pay a dollar for a crafting part you need.. or something.. and if everyone does, and so on, it adds up, trust me

No, just NO!
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")
--------------------------------------------------------

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline Gizza

Some things
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 08:11:48 pm »
I may add that I reckon WADS should be added in game.

Offline Grinch

Some things
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 11:26:28 pm »
Komodo, don't just say no, explain yourself.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Christy

Some things
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 12:10:33 am »
Personally, I'd rather keep the perks system. I do see the logic in the points system though. It would be a lot easier for a player "without money" to convince another player to purchase them points and trade for ingame gold or something than it currently is for perks. $20 bucks is harder to get out of someone than a buck or even $5. When dealing with a large group of people and money involved, there will never be a time that everyone is happy. It's not a bad idea, I'd just rather do one transaction, have my stuff and be done with it though.
[color=#9932CCsizeo2span stylefontsize10ptlineheight100sizeo]Take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because life is too short to to do anything less.[/color][/size]

Offline Malekith

Some things
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 09:03:49 am »
I honestly belive if you add this you will make it a money hell thing... It just wouldnt work too well... So many people play this game because its a one off payment of $20 per year (or forever for some) and doesnt cost anything else... If you start adding a points system then it wud be dominated even more by those people who earn that little bit more, or the kids who dont have to pay for anything....

The only thing i see it being useful for is Damonite... But yeh...

And i respect mickey for the perks thing, there isnt a chance in hell I would run a game for a load of ungreatful sods like some of em, and pay for it outta my own pocket... but also for not doing this sorta thing and milking the game like every other game (giving the people who pay even more a bigger and bigger advantage..)
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Revolution

Some things
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 09:06:57 am »
That is true.  I hate games where people with more money are better than everyone else and get a bigger advantage.