Author Topic: 'Deimos' Remake(new server)  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Axeman

'Deimos' Remake(new server)
« on: December 03, 2005, 04:47:50 pm »
The only way you'll get most of the vets back is with a server, Deimos if you will.

Deimos would need to be as followed:

8x8 World Size

No potions

No jewels(except WEAPON drops)

+25 per skill max cap.

Lower economy, example: roaches drop one gold(on a 1-25 chance), dark sithareens or something around that skill level drop 3-5 gold(on a 1-50 chance), sithareen knights, infernal machines, drakes, and other skill level examples drop 8-10 gold(on a 1-75 chance)  Souls drop 10 gold only(on a 1-50 chance)

No quests

No towns except one plot with Bob the Collector, which reminds me-roach antennaes=2 gold. And a lifestone, outside the plot, forced PK, including all guilds.

Remove jewel-making skill

Lower black magic, example, Lightning IV does 60-80 dmg, (literally, wood wand does 60, copper/iron does 65, gold does 70, titanium does 75 and hessite/mag/damon/viking does 80.)  Go down for each level, III does 40-60, II does 20-40, I does 1-20.

Lower red magic, level one attribute and hero boost does +10 to any thing, including attributes(strength, dexterity, quickness, intelligence, and wisdom) Level two does +20 and level three does +30.  Increase the attribute red magic level 3s to 250(as hero 3 is now) and same for level 2, level 2 red magic to 150(as hero 2 is now).  this lessens the ability for noobs to level 3 boost them selves at level 1.

Raise ability of mining, I'd say something like this:
     Iron and Granite Ore--75 mining
     Silver and Copper Ore--100...125? mining
     Magnetite Ore--150 mining
     Gold Ore--175 mining
     Titanium and Zircon Ores--225 mining
     Hessite Ore--250 mining
     Magma Ore--350 mining
                    If this was my server, these would be non-negotiable, as they're all quite fair in mine and many others opinions.

ALLOW DAMON TO BE PURCHASED, via gold.  I'd say one damonite ore for 200 gold would be fair.  As the fact roaches drop 1 gold every 25 kills, and etc. this could be a nice feature to keep the economy stable, although perhaps the item economy unstable...Able to negotiate

Hire a programmer or program self, idea of taxes.  We're playing in the Medieval time period, and yet no taxes are ever mentioned.  I say 1 gold per v-month for level 1-5, 3 gold for lvl 6-15, 5 gold for level 16-25 and 7 gold for level 26-40 and finally 10 gold for level 40s and above.
   Perhaps this would be hard to maintain and/or figure out a way to solve an issue if somebody doesn't have the gold on them, and I'm unsure if it's possible to program it as I stated.

Stealing enabled.

Guilds forced war

Mules and traders cost 10 gold each, land costs 5 gold, guild creation costs 50 gold, guild membership costs 10 gold, and whatever else I missed always above 5 gold.

Conclusion:  I'd like feedback/suggestions on my ideas, while it may never happen, I'd just like to see what the players would want.  

I don't want people to say this would be too hard to program or code, because aside from the tax suggestion, none of this would be hard to change at all.  I'd say Mick could easily get a server up such as this within 5 days, maybe 10 if the tax thing was seriously considered.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 05:27:57 pm »
What ever happened to you saying Deimos was so cool.  Your ideas are fair, but its rpgwo, not runescape, nothing will be added, rpgwo sucks monkey, damon buying, hell no.

Offline Axeman

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 06:26:41 pm »
I just said, I know it isn't going to happen, just something I and many others would like to see.

Offline chronolink

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 08:09:10 pm »
Axe you're missing the Deimos point there dude.

NO Red Magic

NO + on anything including weapon drops

Damon to be purchased was never an idea

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Axeman

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 08:29:07 pm »
I said this is my idea, not Deimos.  I believe that if there were to be pluses on weapon drops, the 'treasure chance' should be incredibly high, at minimum of 1-100, if anything, this further more creates the more stable economy by making +'ed weapons more rare and changing hands alot more.  

Damon to be purchased may never have been an idea, I think it isn't that bad of one.  When you get 10 gold on a rare chance of killing a soul, you'd have to kill atleast 300 souls to get one.  

Let's look at the stats needed for this: with all maximum boosts, +30 all atributes and hero including +25 attack.  Lowest melee defense on a soul is...700? I'll use 800 as most of them are around there, if not higher.  +30 from dexterity and strength red magic=60/3, +20.  and +25, so you have a total attack bonus of 45.  800-45=755.  That's to BARELY hit them, say you need 850.  850-45=805.  805 attack BASE would take extreme skill and hard work to even get near.  If you want to go the sithareen knights or infernal machine gold-kill route, it would be a little bit easier.  Say 500 base attack(still quite hard to get) and at let's even say, 10 gold per rare chance, you'd need to kill atleast 250-300+++ to even think about getting the gold.  

I'd also like to add on the fact of no quanth(sars, siths)s.  Also runes be made harder to make, including most blacksmithing items.  Iron items at 150 blacksmith is ridicuolous, and would prevent immediate making of the items.  

It'll never happen, but I just think it wouldn't be that bad of a server, very stable and very challenging.

Offline chronolink

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:40:00 am »
Well reading through the maths of it, it seems like you have to earn everything which is good. Consequently a newb starts and says: Can I have 50g plz plz

Then the playerbase laugh at him

Chown -R us ./Base

and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer

Offline Corrupt Cham

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 07:17:44 am »
lol lol lmao Killing 300 souls to get damon. So Manty, Molo, JJ, Simmy, Holy, Pm, Stryder, Mystro, blast, and myself would use damon to  weight done chests thats a great idea w00t

Mr. Killa Cham
LvL 90 X-bower phobs (retired)

LvL 59 Dagger  Steeltide (retired)

LvL  68 X-bower Shadow (retired)

LvL 72 Rifle Arc2  Different name (Curenssy was name) (retired) Highest lvl ever on an Arc server

LvL 91 Thrower 2nd Shadow (retired)  Also Shadow Admin:) (retired) (Thanks Jon and Rav)

Admin on Oceanic (retired)  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Admin 3rd Shadow (retired) LvL 92 Thrower (retired)
                                                                                                                                                            Most Saved Spendable ever on a char in rpgwo history 256mil saved spendy that was on my Arc2 char i got Screeny :)  

lvl 70 human mage w0w stormreaver pvp server Corruptcham is name

Offline Axeman

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 04:51:31 pm »
Manty, Molo, JJ, Simmias, Holy, Person Man, Stryder, Mostro, Blast, and yourself didn't get 800 base attack yourself, you used pots and boosts to get it.  Oh, and jewels.  Don't even try to brag yourself, you didn't kill 300 souls in the server requirements I said.

Offline Mark

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 05:49:34 pm »
sounds good
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phobos - Legend level 71 Thrower (retried due to wipe)
Shadow - Shadow Tradesmen (Active)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kyle

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 08:17:28 pm »
Sounds ok.. dont know about the damon thing though

Offline Axeman

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 09:40:26 pm »
Seen it, heard it, contemplated it, didn't care about it.

Offline Corrupt Cham

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 10:54:20 pm »
Sorry Axeman the ch00b but you are very right i didnt have 800 base attk with out all that stuff i had over 1000 base attk no jewels no pots and no boosts. Ask anyone that was @@@ there. Ask Grinch he knows I did have over 1000 base attack. See Axeman you just dont understand that because you never created a lvl 90 char with like what was it 14 billion total xp. Why havent you created such a char cuz you suck. Come see me on Shadow ill teach you that I can keep building chars lol. Have a good day everyone

Mr. Killa Cham
LvL 90 X-bower phobs (retired)

LvL 59 Dagger  Steeltide (retired)

LvL  68 X-bower Shadow (retired)

LvL 72 Rifle Arc2  Different name (Curenssy was name) (retired) Highest lvl ever on an Arc server

LvL 91 Thrower 2nd Shadow (retired)  Also Shadow Admin:) (retired) (Thanks Jon and Rav)

Admin on Oceanic (retired)  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Admin 3rd Shadow (retired) LvL 92 Thrower (retired)
                                                                                                                                                            Most Saved Spendable ever on a char in rpgwo history 256mil saved spendy that was on my Arc2 char i got Screeny :)  

lvl 70 human mage w0w stormreaver pvp server Corruptcham is name

Offline chronolink

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 11:13:30 pm »
O RLY?

Axeman's played since the dawn of time so...... he hasn't the patience to lvl his char that high

Chown -R us ./Base

Offline Axeman

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 10:12:53 am »
Thanks Chrono, Cham, YOU are the one who doesn't understand.  I'm not denying that you had 800+ base attack, but you did not get it fairly(you did at the time, but I'm talking about the requirements I said above)  You cannot tell me truthfully do get your 1,000 base attack you used lets see, no jewels, no boosts, no potions, and well along with potions, no ULTIMA potions.   You need to learn the english language a bit better before trying to correct me.

And Chrono is right, because I have a short attention span, I don't have the patience or care to keep on building chars after they'll get wiped, I have a life and better things to do then sit on a game that is...DYING and level a character.

Offline Kyle

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 10:19:41 am »
I think Axeman wins that one.

Offline Pirate Wings

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 11:00:55 am »
After so many years it comes to the stage where you can't be bothered leveling your char past 50 anymore. One thing i learnt that when certan rivlaries are weaker because they been on ch00btide and decided to come across to shadow when it close just kill them instead of walking past.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Axeman

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 11:33:32 am »
Why thank you Kyle.

Offline Kyle

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 02:09:01 pm »
Yea... don't get used to it..

Offline Axeman

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 03:42:46 pm »