Author Topic: Lunar Eclipse  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Pirate Wings

Lunar Eclipse
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:08:48 am »
is happening right this minute here

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:13:03 am by Wings »
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Gizza

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:22:16 am »
Yeah I'm watching it now. Well I think it's finished now.

Offline Brendan

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:17:58 am »
Yerp, Not really a lunar eclipse as it's mars passing over the moon not the sun. But yeh thats what everyones refering to it as, AUSTRALIA FTW.Bumped because flip bumped everything else up.

Offline Komodo

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:29:30 am »
It's still an eclipse if it's getting eclipsed.
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline Zander

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »
Quote from: Damen
Yerp, Not really a lunar eclipse as it's mars passing over the moon not the sun. But yeh thats what everyones refering to it as, AUSTRALIA FTW.Bumped because flip bumped everything else up.

as Lunar eclipse is when the earth passes between the moon and the sun. the sun can't pass between the earth and the moon, we would fry lol. A solar eclipse is when the moon passes between the earth and the sun. mars can not pass between the moon and the sun.

just thought i would clear that up.

Offline Malekith

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:51:01 pm »
the one australia saw was earth going between the sun and the moon blocking the light so there was no reflection, but the redish glow is the reflecion of light from mars...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline King Dravien

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 01:45:51 pm »
Quote from: Malekith
the one australia saw was earth going between the sun and the moon blocking the light so there was no reflection, but the redish glow is the reflecion of light from mars...

What he said.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Zander

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 02:31:07 pm »

no, the redish glow is from the suns light passing through the edges of our atmosphere, and being bent.

Offline Komodo

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 03:13:08 pm »
Light Refraction???
The BIG list of

2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail

Offline Malekith

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 03:40:01 pm »
no zander u idiot. IT WASNT AN ECLYPSE!!!!! it was night time for tigers sake. i am not smart enough to make stuff up like the light relfecting from mars m aking the glow...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline King Dravien

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 03:46:23 pm »
no zander u idiot. IT WASNT AN ECLYPSE!!!!! it was night time for tigers sake. i am not smart enough to make stuff up like the light relfecting from mars m aking the glow...

It was an eclipse, Just not the kind where the moon passes infront of the sun, Is that what you mean? lol
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Zander

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 07:14:01 pm »
Lunar: an eclipse in which the full moon passes partially or wholly through the umbra of the earth's shadow

from M-W.com
There are TWO(2) and only two kinds of eclipse. A lunar eclipse

and a solar eclipse

there is no eclipse visible from earth through the naked eye that involve mars.

the only eclipse that isn't a total eclipse is when you are in the penumbra of a solar eclips. there is NO partial eclipse of the moon. and again there is NO lunar OR solar eclipse that involves the planet mars, or ANY other celestial body, because an eclipse can only include THREE(3) celestial bodies. in the case of an eclipse involving the earth, it is always, ALWAYS the sun, moon and the planet earth.

and btw malekith, solar eclipse's happen durring the day, lunar elipse's happen at night.

there that should clear everything up. class dismissed

Offline Brendan

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 07:24:55 pm »
Just give up. Argue with male and you will probably end up /failing which has pretty much already taken place. Atleast you can spell though

Offline Zander

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 07:35:40 pm »
Quote from: Damen
Just give up. Argue with male and you will probably end up /failing which has pretty much already taken place. Atleast you can spell though

Actualy, I just won:
Malekith:
"no zander u idiot. IT WASNT AN ECLYPSE!!!!! it was night time for tigers sake..."

Me:
"and btw malekith, solar eclipse's happen durring the day, lunar elipse's happen at night."

Offline Brendan

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 07:37:05 pm »
I guess, It was a 50/50 win i guess. not 100%. You still /fail though.

Offline Zander

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 07:56:44 pm »
Really? What did I lose at? I proved every one of my points, and proved every one who disagreed with me wrong.

Offline Malekith

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:20 pm »
I dont think it was actually a propper eclypse but what u sed about the resish glow was wrong... that was light reflecting off mars (yeh i double checked on the news n stuff ) not the light bending in the atmosphere other wise it would have been multi coloured like solar flare... you are kinda right about it being a lunar eclypse, but not fully correct, was a smige different.

Offline Brendan

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 08:38:52 pm »
/failing does not mean you are incorrect. Apparently it was still a normal eclipse but my dad got an email that has been circulating since 2003 saying that mars was going in front on the moon, but i now realise that that was incorrect because that would be F***ing close, and we would have been able to see it clear as.

Offline Komodo

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 09:05:53 pm »
then there's these things called gravity and orbit.
The BIG list of

Offline Zander

Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:02 pm »
I dont think it was actually a propper eclypse but what u sed about the resish glow was wrong... that was light reflecting off mars (yeh i double checked on the news n stuff ) not the light bending in the atmosphere other wise it would have been multi coloured like solar flare... you are kinda right about it being a lunar eclypse, but not fully correct, was a smige different.

You my friend are a RETARD. the glow was red, like in THE tigerING MORNING SKY. plus, you didn't take into account POLLUTION IN THE ATMOSPHERE.