Author Topic: Modern World Brainstorming  (Read 10734 times)

Offline Zoex

Modern World Brainstorming
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:10:08 am »
First things first, this server that may or may not be open in the future should distance itself from UT World. Some things will always be the same with modern worlds, guns and the like, but things like potions can be brought up to date and improved, or Card Casting toned down and or removed.

So toss some ideas out there of things you think need changed. I will give you what I came up with to change it, or post your own ideas.

Just do not be mad if I say somthing will not work, more than likely if an idea can't fit, it is because of other things I want to add, not that it is a bad idea.

Offline Malekith

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 11:20:36 am »
only thing i think that needs doin is the monster reevaluated and their levels changed...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Zoex

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:25:26 am »
Agreed, but they need to be all new monsters, fighting the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is totally pointless.

Alot more needs redone than that, there is a weapon balance problem where some types hve better stats for less points, same level weapons are off, some skills have far more weapons, etc. Some skills are almost usless in their current state, lots and lots of stuff needs fixed.

Offline chronolink

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 11:36:19 am »
Get rid of copycats

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Malekith

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 12:52:02 pm »
They went ages ago chrono
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline chronolink

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 01:17:56 pm »
Quote from: Malekith
They went ages ago chrono

The abuse of game mechanics point still stands

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Metrosh

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 01:48:27 pm »
How about all that stuff we had brainstormed and sitting around on a hardrive somewhere?
I've got a notebook here also.
Image files...Reworked .Ini's
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:48:57 pm by Metrosh »
Bitchin'.

Offline Zoex

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 02:23:06 pm »
That is why I wanted to get rid of Card Casting Chrono, That skill became the end all be all form of training for a long time, same for Scout Ships. But I want to keep the ability to create monsters.

I was thinking a skill called Genetics.

Added: I still have all the weapon info I made along with the images, and losts of other stuff.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:24:04 pm by Zoex »

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 03:47:06 pm »
I think it'd be cool if there was a way to use Chemistry and such like the formulas and wolf to create things. That'd be amazing. Doubt it's possible, but you could look into it. It'd challenge players to think and work together to solve wolf. *shrugs* Just my 2 cents.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 04:19:20 pm »
It'd be cool if you could make a kind of "Subway" system. Prolly just a platform that you stand on and it moves basically, lol. I'm pretty sure it's possible to increase the max speed something could move so it'd be basically like the horse idea but a subway...Or a train for above ground...whatever.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 04:32:40 pm »
Quote from: Kaios
It'd be cool if you could make a kind of "Subway" system. Prolly just a platform that you stand on and it moves basically, lol. I'm pretty sure it's possible to increase the max speed something could move so it'd be basically like the horse idea but a subway...Or a train for above ground...whatever.

Impossible, you could set like 100 warps in a row to move you, would take forever but would work.

Offline Crack Pipe

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 05:00:15 pm »
i was thinking today how to change Mason skill  a bit instead of mining the granite then making into bricks so easily you mine the granite then make a Machine that makes it into cement then you turn the cement into the walls or w/e you wanna make it would make masonary alot cooler skill ;O think about it

Offline Zoex

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:52:32 pm »
I was thinking Chemistry would be more like real life chemical stuff. Also try to tie it in with other skills more.

Instead of one plant making one kind of potion, certain plants have certain effects, and some plants mixed may cancel out or enhance other effects. Example: a plant that gives +10 Str but poison mixed with a plant that cures poison would just give +10 Str, but perhaps double up on the poison plant for double the str, but also double the poison.

I think this can be done, but would probably require a great deal of ini junk. Unless somone can think of a better way to add this.

As for Stone Crafting, I was thinking of turning it into Construction, broaden it out alot, possibly even merge it with Carpentry. This would tie in with Sabotage (can anyone think of a better name than that?) Stronger walls are imune to stronger explosives, fire, etc.

But Carpentry has alot of it's own special stuff, this is all up for debate.

As a general thing to keep in mind, I want to expand all the skills beyond what has been done.

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 01:32:13 am »
Make it to where you have to use chemistry to make chemicals, then to make the potions. Such as use Vial of X on Flash to get Half Vial of X, then use another Vial of X on the Half Vial of X to get X Potion. Getting the necessary ingredients would require a skill called Research, in which you identify a certain plant and then you can use chemistry to turn the plant or item into a liquid. etc. etc.

Lot's of coding but it's very unique.

Offline Zoex

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 07:28:28 am »
I thought about an Identify type deal. Will have to put more thought into it.

I do think that the only thing any kind of potions will boost is stats and not skills, that will be done by somthing else.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 08:17:57 am »
I certainly think that some of these ideas are excellent. The whole chemistry thing would be really interesting. If someone put the work into doing all of that, it would be one hell of a unique server.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 08:20:49 am »
Other potions can be used to give better attributes to weapons. I had planned this on original kirin, where you either find or make items to add +s to your items (not like blue magic +s, just like pluses that up the stats but the + stays there forever). My thoughts were that it would boost the sales market in-game, people would be trying to get better +s all the time so the market would be very handy and useful rather than just a waste of space like it is now in most servers.

Example of +s

+1 item used on Your normal weapon gives +1 weapon

+1 item on +1 item gives +2 item, use +2 item on your +1 weapon to get +2 weapon.

+1 item on +1 item to give +2 item, +1 item on +1 item to get +2 item, +2 item on +2 item to get +3 item, +3 item on +2 weapon to get +3 weapon.

You can then use some sort of upgrade item to upgrade it to the next level of what you need, such as

Use Gem on +3 lvl 300 weapon to get +3 level 350 weapon.

And so forth.

Edit: or if you dont like the idea of getting it up to +9 or something and having a weapon increase on each one, make it so only every 3 +s add a boost. +1 has a boost, +3 has a boost, +6 has a boost, and +9 has a boost. That way people don't get insanely overpowered.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:24:18 am by The Muffin Man »

Offline Rokhan

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 09:31:56 am »
Too complicated for my brain

Everything sounds good
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Zoex

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 02:26:41 pm »
I was thinking since this server has no magic, weapons would have to find another way to be boosted. Now in real life if you wanted to up somthing on a gun you would fine tune it to how you like. As it stands, Mechanics has no purpose other than repairing guns. Use Mechanics to customize weapons with different upgrades, longer barrels, shorter barrels, scopes, flash lights, laser sights, bigger ammo clips, etc.

Now this won't make the guns flat out better, some things like range, damage, etc would be switched or changed depending on how many of what upgrade you have. But can give everyone a unique weapon while giving a purpose to Mechanics, without makignt he weapons too strong.

As before, this would mean I would have to make several copies of every weapon.

As for melee weapons, I want to add some kinda durability system (not just the current one). Example: 3 Levels of sharpness on a sword, Sharp is the best, Normal is well..., and dull is the last. After so much use the weapon does less damage and must be repaired. Now I know wands can become worn, but I have never been a mage, so I do not know how this works, or how the ini works. Any suggestions here would help greatly.

This does not apply to all weapons

Offline Grinch

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 03:37:32 pm »
For wands, once it reaches 0% it simply switches to a Worn Wand which can't be repaired.. its usage goes down faster too.

MagicBreakItemID=xx  <-- Is the item.ini code
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)