Author Topic: Another (productive) list of problems  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Pirate Wings

Another (productive) list of problems
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 04:29:00 am »
I'm good for ideas and enforcing the rules in place but thats it. I'm available for new ideas and improvements as for server space and etc i'll look around and see whats going for the cheapest and whats reliable and post any info that comes to hand.

The best type of games usualy are formed by a group of people and if you're seriouse about this I've got a bunch of improvements and a bunch of stuff stored on my computer that i'd like to see implemented into rpgwo. I just don't wanna see another game thats trying to copy another and failing cause afew people have done that and it ends up closing after afew months.

Good luck with it all though.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Auron

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 02:46:11 pm »
the bonus to making a game just like rpgwo but better is . . . . watching UT and Mick get pissed off as they loose all their playerbase and cant do nothing about it LOL.

Offline scidhuv

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 04:54:31 pm »
the bonus to making a game just like rpgwo but better is . . . . watching UT and Mick get pissed off as they loose all their playerbase and cant do nothing about it LOL.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1739\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you got any idea how big the game is already code wise, converting it (or even doing it again) in C++ would be an absolute nightmare. And I cant see Mickey actually seeing the need to do it, he has a working system in vb, albeit slow. The ping time is high partly due to all the extra security bytets, checkbytes, and so on in the packets, to stop packet editing.

The reason the client doesnt do a lot of work is because someone who wanted to tiger the game up would find it much easier to do so, they would have more things they would be able to alter. Already things like shadow/fog processing are done in the client, which allows it to be 'hacked' away. Any previous hacks were done through client side verification (e.g If Textbox > 1 ... could be edited so it doesnt exist)

I tried making a rpgwo alternative (Scidhuv World) but the amount of coding involved is just ridiculous. I made an early beta and gave up - theres just so much to do and not enough time for me to do it
Stuff

Offline Grinch

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 06:05:36 pm »
Well now we at least know what Mick went through =P

Although it was a work in progress for a few years.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline chronolink

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 05:21:27 am »
I remember playing Scidhuv World Online; Staw Wars themed that's why I liked it.

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM