Author Topic: Fix the worlds problems  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Greed

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 08:35:10 pm »
Quote from: Daegan
we sit around at tea time all day and just lolllll over the lint in our belly buttons.

wait... Americans aren't supposed to do that?

wolf.

Offline Komodo

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 10:55:01 pm »
Quote from: Daegan
IEEE 802.5 is a tigerign networking standard you dumb wolf. A test with questions that are all stupid, like asking which networking standard 802.5 is, and crap that doesn't show you know anything is a tigering pointless test.  I can't stand tests where most or all the questions are crap.  knowing which standard 802.5 is doesn't show that you know anything about it.

Seriously do you listen to yourself (or read what you say) before you say it? Whaa tigering <insert whiny bitch statement here> because im too tigering stupid to comprehend <insert something here>

by the way <insert something that has nothing to do with previous statments> is stupid to know because it'll make me seem smarter citing it.
Education is good for people that can handle critical thinking, if your too tigering stupid to go back to school or get a post-secondary education, or even that highschool diploma/GED then go work a dead-end job, you have no real place in the world.What the tiger do prepositional phrases have to do with thinking? How does knowing who B. F. Skinner was going to help me out with ANYTHING. Everything that you will ever make a decent living with will require a higher level of education because *gasp* companies dont want to have to deal with stupid people that can't figure the world out on their own.

this is the part where you go <tiger those corporations, i'm too stupid to ever get hired at one so tiger them,  clearly they're the evil in the world because they make people rich and provide thousands of jobs across the world!!!>
Yeah, that's my dream in life is to bust my ass making someone else rich.

I can google Ozone too, given your intense dislike for anything school given i'm willing to bet money that you didn't know that offhand like your stupid ass pretends to.So, by what you're saying, if someone didn't learn it at school... it's cheating or something? Science class is actually one of the few classes I like...  It's english and history that I hate.  Also, it wasn't google that I looked it up on, I read about ozone on Wikipedia a few months back.

Go to hell Komodo, don't forget to /wrists while you're at it.I AM ALREADY THERE DAMNIT!

You take some wolf out of context... you flame where there is no need.

School is tigering pointless.  The more your in school the more useless wolf they try to teach you.  Learning how to read, write, and do math is all that's really needed.  

Another problem in school is when the teachers just teach the test. You don't have to understand much as long as you get the test answers right, which the teachers go over right before the test so it's fresh on your mind.  I don't remember a damn thing from psychology class, but I got an A.

Quote from: chronolink
Komodo spelt your name wrong

You spelt spelled wrong!
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline StevenTox

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 10:57:20 pm »
lies

Offline The Muffin Man

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 12:00:04 am »
Daegan, in America people in military can skip through educational studies to be something, due to companies showing their "support for the troops". So Komodo is partially right about school , it's not really needed for them. Most people in the military are too tigering stupid to understand anything (I'm taking this from experience, not saying everyone in it are idiots), and use the military for free college funds. I know several people that are doing it, they just shoot themself in the foot or somethin and they get free cash and are discharged are w/e. Military = free way into the world for morons.

Offline Daegan

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 03:09:12 am »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
Daegan, in America people in military can skip through educational studies to be something, due to companies showing their "support for the troops".
I'm an American
Both my parents were in the military.
I know.

Education is, and has always been, what drives a civilization. You have a stupid civilization, your people end up on slave shapes bound for America. You have an intelligent civilization, you walk on the tigering moon.

But school is stupid, history is dumb because who cares what happened back then? Not like it'll have ANY impact on future events, ever. AMIRITE?

This topic is stupid.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Komodo

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 11:33:27 am »
There are a LOT of stupid people in the military... there's also a few smart ones though.

When I was in AIT, one of the Sergeants asked me if Ketchup goes bad, lol... I didn't wanna insult her intelligence so I just said I dunno.

This topic was fun at first... but I guess dagan is giving up? and you just called ------s dumb, lol.
The BIG list of

2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail

Offline Daegan

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 03:01:06 pm »
Quote from: Komodo
This topic was fun at first... but I guess dagan is giving up? and you just called ------s dumb, lol.
Lack of interest

Offline Malekith

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 03:05:09 pm »
Dae, it was a Englishman who invented the Atomic Bomb, but during WW2 we didnt have the funds to produce it...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Daegan

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 03:07:36 pm »
Quote from: Malekith
Dae, it was a Englishman who invented the Atomic Bomb, but during WW2 we didnt have the funds to produce it...
You invented it, we stole the idea, perfected it, and put it to mass production. Such is the American way.

Offline Malekith

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 03:12:39 pm »
Nah didn' steal, we sent our scientist over and made it, you funded it and got some
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Komodo

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 04:02:58 pm »
but lets not forget who invented the Cotton Gin, it was a BLACK man who didn't want to do work, so he made a machine to do it for him.  SUCH is the american way
The BIG list of

Offline chronolink

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 06:39:31 pm »
Does anyone honestly care about some war people won or lost years upon years ago? No, I thought not

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Komodo

The BIG list of

Offline FlyByNight

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 04:33:02 am »
I agree and disagree i feel there are some things that need not be taught knowing a book is fairly useless, knowing who did what in a book and who wrote it additionaly going oh this war occured in blah how does that serve any purpose? besides "seeming" smart because you retained a piece of useless knowledge most history learned is useless, dates of a battle, locations of a war are not as important for the whole defense of history "those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it" my teacher taught us phrases like blitz kreig, i know that rommel is the desert fox, however i did not learn in class how the german people were manipulated, youd think that would be a much better lesson.

i think our education system is lacking like a perfect example is "are you smarter than a 5th grader" they bring in these adults that are not morons that have forgotten many pointless facts that we are "teaching" our kids, that should only show that we should rethink our education system, and instead of going ok we are gonna spend months on presidental histroy maybee teach a 2nd language, or perhaps teach more than basic first aid, i think if my friend was bleeding to death id rather know how to make a tornuqet than yell columbus landed in 1492.

Offline Daegan

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 05:40:10 am »
Quote from: FlyByNight
i think our education system is lacking like a perfect example is "are you smarter than a 5th grader" they bring in these adults that are not morons that have forgotten many pointless facts that we are "teaching" our kids, that should only show that we should rethink our education system
That show is kinda bs anyway.

On one episode they asked "How many perfect squares are there between 5-15" being only one, the number 9. It made me weep on the inside that a phD in psych (lol @that degree anyway) didnt know the tigering answer right off the top of her head. We didn't honestly cover perfect squares in class until algebra II..

I agree Fly that the public education system has flaws but calling it pointless or bullwolf is simply idiotic. Random facts that nobody ever recalls from things like scholar/knowledge bowl and wolf like that-that's retarded. Who care's which state is the show-me and which is the garden and which is the silver/gold state.. That kind of thing is just... bleh.

However if you get a teacher that is actually enthusiastic about their class, and can focus on the important aspects while not skipping over the "useless" ones, then you get a well-rounded education.

It's always nice to see my History teacher using wikipedia before a note-taking session just to get the random facts thrown into an otherwise bread-and-butter note session that's just as predictable as it is boring. When the teacher re-enacts the stabbing motion of a Roman foot soldier though, it's priceless.

Offline Komodo

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 12:26:55 pm »
Pennsylvania is the Swiss Chese Roads State.... wolftiest roads ever.
The BIG list of

Offline Malekith

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 05:43:02 am »
"Knowledge is power"

SOme stuff they teach in school is pure crap in my opinion, such as triganomatry etc... Since i left high school I have never had to figure out the internal angle of a triangle, and I dont think i ever will... They should leave that sort of stuff to a higher level of math, such as college and teach it to relivent pupils... or atleast give you the option in high school "If you want to do engeneering, or join the army, or ... the this topic is usefull for you"

Same for making pupils sit and learn poetry... I have read maybe 10 poems since i left school, and written much much less... but i still knew how to write one by my... why did we then have to proceed to sit and read 50 poems in 1 year and then have to do an exam about what we think each poem means (altough our "thoughts" on the poem was parrot mode from what the teacher said.)

I dis-agree when komodo says school is a waste of time... But i do think it needs to be re thinked so the kid spends all of his time to the best level, and learns usefull stuff that will help in their life... Such as if they knew what they wanted to do from an early age like myself (Business and Managment) then the child should be allowed to pick classes that they will find usefull to the topic such as business studies, ICT, etc... and just be forced to do basic classes in math science and english, not in depth crap with stuff they will never use again and will be forgotten as soon as the exam is over...

Offline The Muffin Man

Fix the worlds problems
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 09:32:39 pm »
flybynight, the forum ninja, has spoken. obey his word, for it is pwnage.