Author Topic: CLient  (Read 4419 times)

Offline magem

CLient
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:03:29 pm »
Sooo i got my server up and running but, how do i connect to it XD?

btw i've tried editing the connect file in the client file but it didnt work out so well.

I think i found how to connect maybe it's the auto updater crap...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:07:04 pm by magem »
hahaha

Offline Komodo

CLient
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 06:10:07 pm »
specify your ip and port when you are starting up the game
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline magem

CLient
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:12:47 pm »
Quote from: Komodo
specify your ip and port when you are starting up the game

I got to that point entered ip and port but, i get errors in auto updater, any soultions to that?
hahaha

Offline The Muffin Man

CLient
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »
Yah. The only solution is to delete the server and the client, and never come back here again.

Offline magem

CLient
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 06:20:37 pm »
And why is that, i followed everything on how to setup the server all i need to do is bypass auto updater..is it in a topic on the forums or what, i only need a little guidance?
hahaha

Offline The Muffin Man

CLient
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 06:28:30 pm »
Because unfortunately, noone here cares enough to help you. You see, we generally only help people who come here and contribute to the forums in some way and aren't just some n00b trying to make a server, and are generally our friends. You are neither, just another idiot that wants us to teach every damn thing there is to a private server, and for tigers sake we aren't just gonna help. Don't waste your time, seriously. If you don't know how to manipulate every single thing on a server which can take a while even though it's fairly easy, it's not gonna work out. Assuming you're like every other moron that comes here looking for a way to set up a server, you're just gonna end up making a server, spawning every item for your char so that is "teh ub3r pwnage" and invite a couple friends, and a week later you'll become so bored with it, you wasted our time. Even if you were interested in spending wolfloads of time on it, chances are you don't have fast enough internet to keep it running very long if people even like it. It's something that takes a LOT of time to develop and for us to teach, and noone here wants to waste their time on it, especially since your someone none of us know or care to know now that we do know that you are just a leeching noob. I'd give you someones MSN that probably would help you, but I doubt he would like me giving out his e-mail.

G'day.

Oh and if you can't even figure out how to connect a client to a server, chances are you won't even know how to properly even RUN the server.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:37:50 pm by The Muffin Man »

Offline magem

CLient
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
Because unfortunately, noone here cares enough to help you. You see, we generally only help people who come here and contribute to the forums in some way and aren't just some n00b trying to make a server, and are generally our friends. You are neither, just another idiot that wants us to teach every damn thing there is to a private server, and for tigers sake we aren't just gonna help. Don't waste your time, seriously. If you don't know how to manipulate every single thing on a server which can take a while even though it's fairly easy, it's not gonna work out. Assuming you're like every other moron that comes here looking for a way to set up a server, you're just gonna end up making a server, spawning every item for your char so that is "teh ub3r pwnage" and invite a couple friends, and a week later you'll become so bored with it, you wasted our time. Even if you were interested in spending wolfloads of time on it, chances are you don't have fast enough internet to keep it running very long if people even like it. It's something that takes a LOT of time to develop and for us to teach, and noone here wants to waste their time on it, especially since your someone none of us know or care to know now that we do know that you are just a leeching noob. I'd give you someones MSN that probably would help you, but I doubt he would like me giving out his e-mail.

G'day.

Im obviously not here asking for you initial help am I ? PLUS !! I've made it a loit further than most people and i only require help with auto updater or maybe im doing somethign wrong with my ips.. now if it isnt too muhc trouble for somone to tell me where to put ips or maybe if there is an auto upate fixer please then show me.

Ok .. people have to start somewhere and id like to at least get into my own server .... i dont care what you tell me never let anyone say u cant do anything.. it's always possible

P.S
If you wont help me dont flame here you're wasting my item by writing counter arguements

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3599/connectfg2.jpg  look at that , btw its the client that came with the server files and i've tried the most updated client for the official servers
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:39:51 pm by magem »
hahaha

Offline King Dravien

CLient
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 08:05:33 pm »
I have some helping words for you Magem

GO TO A REAL SERVER, ROGUES ARE FOR FHAGS LIKE DAMEN AND GIZZA
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Komodo

CLient
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 08:16:36 pm »
that might be a distro that has a client that doesn't work... you need a client that WILL work. good luck finding it!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:17:13 pm by Komodo »
The BIG list of
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline magem

CLient
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 08:25:50 pm »
I play on real servers the reason why i quit is because the damn servers whipe so damn often it's not worth making them over and over like i've done in the past
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:26:22 pm by magem »
hahaha

Offline The Muffin Man

CLient
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 08:50:19 pm »
once a year? well shadow a tad quicker, but meh

Offline magem

CLient
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 08:57:52 pm »
I got my server working i found a better client, thanks for all the help komodo and thanks for the fun muffin, now im on to figuring out how to make my player gm ;)

~ Anything can be done if you try ;D
hahaha

Offline Light Elf

CLient
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 09:22:59 pm »
lol its not the client its the autoupdater, all you do is host a webserver with the connect.ini u want to use then hex edit your autoupdater to autoupdate off of your IP instead of mickeys and it will automaticly download the new connect.ini, the one you host on your webserver.

Offline The Muffin Man

CLient
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 10:00:05 pm »
You want to run a server and you call admins GMs? You don't even know anything about the game, play it before attempting to run it. Idiot.

Offline magem

CLient
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 10:22:27 pm »
Muffin you're worthless because admins are another term for Game masters @@@ and @@ and @ are all game master, mods,admins ... how about you go play another game learn some more information ebfore you insult me again XD

Stop acting badd and smart like you know wolf, you're one of those people that go looking for trouble, i came on this forum because i was interested in this emulator not to get flamed by a asshat who flames everyone and talks wolf behind a computer.

If you actually played rpgwo and went on liberty you would know that i played on that server almost 2/7 as Magem  GG
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:26:46 pm by magem »
hahaha

Offline The Muffin Man

CLient
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 11:58:15 pm »
1. GMs are Game Moderators, not admins. They are just hired help, while the admins do all the behind the scenes work. There is no such term as GM in this game as... well we just don't use them.

2. Mods do not have special prefixes in their name, they are just simply mods who are able to use modchat.

3. I'm badd with 2 d's.

4. It's called a rogue server, not emulator. If you want an emulator go to www.zsnes.com, it ROX!

5. Interesting that you say that I talk wolf behind a computer when you're doing the same thing. GTFO hypocrite.

6. I can't go on Liberty as it... ya know.. closed a couple years back.

7. Noone honestly gives a tiger that you played Liberty, really. Grats on trying to be a badass by saying you played a server. That's almost as bad as Zoex claiming to be god of RPGWO just because he plays Arc which is "more challenging" than other servers. Hah.

8. @@@, @@ and @ are all admins with limited powers. @@@ controls pretty much every command, @@ slightly less, while @ is simply a mod except it isn't a player character, has @Admin in front of their name, and can warp.

Aren't you glad I know wolf?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:59:42 pm by The Muffin Man »

Offline King Dravien

CLient
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 01:54:36 am »
Burn Magem. and About the wiping thing, Once a year is really tigering fast huh, jesus christ, 12 months, 365 days, Time must fly....
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Pirate Wings

CLient
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 02:05:34 am »
unfortanately active worlds need to be wiped once every now and then
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline chronolink

CLient
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 04:34:39 am »
I remember Magem, got to like level 12 after playing 24/7. Was a total n00b

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Pirate Wings

CLient
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 05:01:12 am »
wtf lvl 12 whats that an hour or 2
This isn't a signature, you just think it is