Author Topic: Kirin  (Read 7352 times)

Offline The Muffin Man

Kirin
« on: April 23, 2007, 07:58:48 pm »
Kirin
A brand new style of gameplay
NEVER implemented before into RPGWO

- Main ideas

RPGWO has been based off the same items and same basic idea since it started, with a few exceptions (Arc, Luny, and other server ideas submitted by other players). All of the server have followed the "This" attack or the "That" attack mixed with defenses and tradeskilling and so forth. The idea I have for this server is to use classes instead of weapon attacks. Each class will have their own sets of armors and weapons. Don't think something like "Oh great, he is making classes with a simplistic single weapon throughout their leveling process". No, each class will have different sets of weapons, like the current idea of Warrior is to have scythes, swords, spears, etc. (basically melee weapons), while the other classes use their own sets such as the Light Taoist can use Wands (not to be mistaken with magic wands, I mean more along the idea of melee wands such as in the game Conquer Online if you have ever played it). I know some of the names seem to be a ripoff of conquer, but well they just sound better than Light Mage or whatever... yah. Anyways I'll explain more about the classes later, onto more info on the idea of the server. The idea of boosts is still being tossed around, not sure whether I will implement them in or not, pots will not be implemented. Jewels will be there, but only available as quest rewards.

-Quests

Daegan threw something at me that I didn't think about, which was quest farming so major nerd props to him . For those that don't know what quest farming is, it's basically where a person that can do a quest does it over and over and gives the rewards to friends, turning an item that was supposed to be rare and available only to those that can complete the quest to common garbage that everyone has. To fix this, there will be a quest you must do to recieve a ticket, basically a worthless item. The quest will be set so only people that have the level required to live through it can attain that item, and the quest may only be done ONCE.. so basically if you can't live through it, too bad. If you fail the quest, it may be done again, however. Since the jewel can only be attained once, this will prevent people from giving out the reward. The ticket can then be given to an admin and you will be granted entry (warped to the beginning) of the quest for the class you chose (each class will have it's own quest). The reward will be a single jewel with a + for the class.

Ravyn threw another thing at me which I also didn't think about, all those quests will clutter everything up. Therefore I am re-considering adding the initial quests for the ticket and just giving a player access to the quest when they request it.. still thinking about what to do here.

There WILL be other quests, thats just covering the basics and how stuff will work.

-Classes

At the moment, only 4 classes have been decided to be implemented. They are : Warrior, Archer, Light Taoist, Dark Taoist. Each have their own unique weapons and skills and so forth.

Warrior - Same as usual, these will use melee weapons such as sword, scythe, mace, etc. and wear the bulky "tank" armor.

Archer - Same as usual, these will use basically anything that uses ranged attack like bows, xbows, and so forth. They have light leather armor that allows them to wield more arrows and items.

Light Taoist - The healing version of the mage. Don't get me wrong, every class will have healing.. this one just excels in it with its spells. Light taoists have the option to use melee wands or magic scepters (it's magic besides healing will be fairly weak). Don't consider this to make it out to be a stacked class with better skills than other classes, all classes will be evened out. They wield similar armor to Dark Taoist, which is robes and the like. Robes will still have good AL, just not as good as the warrior and slightly less than the archer. These have access to blind spells, healing spells, attack spells, and so on. More info and details are being planned.

Dark Taoist - The opposite of the Light Taoist, yet with the same idea, they use attack spells instead of healing. These will also have the ability to use magic scepters and robes, obviously. More info on these will be planned later.

Please remember they will all be evened out as best as possible, and more classes may be implemented in the future. Due to this, 2 characters will be available to make per account.

-Tradeskills

At the moment, these will more than likely not be implemented on the original opening of the server. Still working on the idea, more info later on this. Hopefully in later updates some will be in.

-Housing

Houses will be available, but in a pre-made fashion, similar to condos. They will not be charged weekly or so on, just a one time fee. Considering letting players make their own inside the editor and sending to an admin and paying the fee for the land, and having the admin load it into the game (leveling land as well). Probably will make special areas for houses, possibly little mini towns in the corner of each sector, complete with a trade area for people to leave their traders. This is so people don't take up spawns in sectors and lets people train without having the spawns affected by anything. Sorry for those of you that like having you and all of your friends have a huge castle taking up half a sector

-Weapons and Armor

I will attempt to make enough weapons and armor so people can upgrade every 50 levels. However, there is no tradeskilling so a new system will take effect. Armors and weapons will be bought through NPCs, though a new + system will be there.. read the next section for more information. Upgrading items through use of special items is also explained in the next section. There WILL be weapons and armor for people level 600-1000, and more weapons and armor will be added as people get those levels.

-+ system

Weapons and armors have the ability to have +s added to the end of them, giving them better stats, and will be able to get up to +9. Due to how difficult it will be to get an item +'d up, there will be special items that are drops only that are used on the item to upgrade it to the next form (For example, Copper Armor -> Silver Armor, although that form of armor will not be there. New names and such will be added. So if you have Copper Armor +3, it will go up to Silver Armor +3). The way I see it every 200 levels will use a different item, that way low levels can't farm the item and sell to higher levels who would probably pay more than other people. This will be my main annoyance when coding, due to the overwhelming amount of items that will need to be made and modified -.-.

-Spells

No info available at this time.

-Leveling

Leveling will probably be easier here.... sort of. Due to not having anything really to boost your skill, there might be special features added to help along the way. Monster spawns won't be random as they usually are, each sector will have set spawns with monsters with a certain type of attack. This way you don't have to run around searching for a certain thing for training. More info to be provided at a later date.

Still many things I need to add, just don't have the time at the moment. Help would be appreciated, just upload images you have created... I am in need of more armor and weapons to give you an idea of what I need. Please, PLEASE, no crappy recolorizations of current items. I want UNIQUE items that you worked on yourself. Do not ask for admin, mod, etc.. The server will be invite only for testing once it is created and hosted. This server isn't meant to be a private server but if I am not able to get onto the official list then that's what it will be. If those of you that know me on MSN would like to help, just tell me what you can help with. Hopefull this will breathe the breath of life into the game and make people more active in it. I am hoping to revive it from this pretty much dead state it has been in lately. Thanks for the help, support, and comments. Flame if you want, just try to add some constructive critism.

Text dopigent created on 4/22/07 by The Muffin Man. Steal ideas, and be raped in the eye 'til you die of blood loss.

Offline Daegan

Kirin
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 08:00:17 pm »
First.

PS:

CTRL+F "Daegan"
ZOMG!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:00:42 pm by Daegan »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline chronolink

Kirin
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:05:55 pm »
Kirin was taken from WoW-lore

It's a fact

The ideas are good btw

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Gizza

Kirin
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:09:23 pm »
I like this idea. Being a warrior/Archer/Mage narrows it down alot which makes it great. But what about Tradesman? Are they going to be put into this idea? And as for the Quest idea I totally agree I'm sick of getting a Rare item at the start of a World and it's worth maybe 100k? and then i log off for like 2-3weeks everyone has them and there worth only 3k It really annoying. Quests should take alot more time.

And for the Weapon/Armor idea what do you mean? So like a Certain race cannot use an item. Like a warrior cant wear mage robes? Archer can't wear heavy plate armor. Well if that's the case that will be alot more fun into the game... Just if Mickey would accept some of these ideas.

Offline Komodo

Kirin
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:14:23 pm »
I hate games that make you piock a class... I like customization
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline chronolink

Kirin
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:17:50 pm »
Quote from: Komodo
I hate games that make you piock a class... I like customization

But if we could all customise then everyones class would be a MageMarriorMarlockMonkTheifArcher etc etc the class goes on

Of course, that's only given enough playtime

Chown -R us ./Base

and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Kirin
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:18:40 pm »
Muffin....take me now.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Komodo

Kirin
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 08:25:30 pm »
that's why you have limits jackass
The BIG list of

2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail

Offline chronolink

Kirin
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 08:37:57 pm »
Exactly

Having an all-hybrid player is just so damn boring. Like starting out as a swordsman and you get level 80 and train black magic and work on that? No thanks

Chown -R us ./Base

Offline Komodo

Kirin
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 09:13:34 pm »
it's not exactly the customization as it is the limits and the damn equipment and skill tree, you use this weapon and armor till you get this level, then you buy next armor and weapon.  these are you're skills, to get the more powerful ones you have to level up the weaker ones and yadda yadda yadda.  crap like that where it limits you and tells you how you're gonna play the game.
The BIG list of

Offline The Muffin Man

Kirin
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 09:27:52 pm »
Yes it has less customization, but when you're choosing a skill hopefully it will be easier. It's like.... "Do I want to pick this attack or this attack? I don't know which one is better!". I fixed that pretty much, now melee can use dagger, swords, etc... whilst mage can use all of its skills, and archer all ranged skills. That way you don't have to start a char and get it to level 30 before you find out that you think the other skill is better. I always loved Xbow and it's damage, but I love bow just for it being... bow... now you have the option to wield both. Every weapon will have its flaws of course.. I'm just integrating other games systems (You may not like it, but the thousands of people that play them do) into this game.

Tradeskilling will NOT be implemented at the beginning of the server. I hope to get it in eventually in some unique form, but at the moment I don't want to go through with it. If you think about everything I put up there, I have to code literally THOUSANDS of things into the game. I have around 5000 plus images I'm sorting through right now, and the sad thing is I still don't have enough to go in the server. I currently need more leather (archer) type armor, more archer weapons, and more mage armor and weapons. Near all of the images I have aren't in the current RPGWO, while some are.

It may sound easy to you, but when you think about it isn't. I have to sort images out by classes and uses, line them up in the .bmp images, CODE them in along with the + items (basically 10 items for every 1 item). I also have to code in the magic and think about what magic I want to do, put in, how stuff will work out... I have to code in a variety of spells usefull for every class.. along with deciding what the xp gains should be, what level they will require, etc.... all of this by MYSELF. Sometime this summer I plan on getting a temporary host and invite a few people for testing and helping with .inis, but it might be a bit before that happens.

Please do not ask to help with anything besides images, the people that get an invite into the server will be the ones helping with the .inis and such... they don't HAVE to, but they have the option.

Gizza, I plan on keeping class specific armor to that class. Think of how stupid it would be to have a warrior running around in a robe, or a taoist in armor.

Komodo, I'll have to agree with Chrono. With a hybrid player your sitting there leveling all these attacks and such.. it's just pointless and you don't use them in the end. I am planning on going past what the current servers have, and putting weapons in for people with higher skills... not just stupid crap like someone with 1200 attack wielding a weap that requires 600. When you play a game you are always leveling to achieve that next weapon, and this way just keeps it simplistic yet you still achieve something new.

The weapons will not be the same as current RPGWO, following ores and such... if anyone has any more questions, ask away

I got Kirin from GW btw
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:30:40 pm by The Muffin Man »

Offline Gizza

Kirin
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 04:43:42 am »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
Yes it has less customization, but when you're choosing a skill hopefully it will be easier. It's like.... "Do I want to pick this attack or this attack? I don't know which one is better!". I fixed that pretty much, now melee can use dagger, swords, etc... whilst mage can use all of its skills, and archer all ranged skills. That way you don't have to start a char and get it to level 30 before you find out that you think the other skill is better. I always loved Xbow and it's damage, but I love bow just for it being... bow... now you have the option to wield both. Every weapon will have its flaws of course.. I'm just integrating other games systems (You may not like it, but the thousands of people that play them do) into this game.
Tradeskilling will NOT be implemented at the beginning of the server. I hope to get it in eventually in some unique form, but at the moment I don't want to go through with it. If you think about everything I put up there, I have to code literally THOUSANDS of things into the game. I have around 5000 plus images I'm sorting through right now, and the sad thing is I still don't have enough to go in the server. I currently need more leather (archer) type armor, more archer weapons, and more mage armor and weapons. Near all of the images I have aren't in the current RPGWO, while some are.

It may sound easy to you, but when you think about it isn't. I have to sort images out by classes and uses, line them up in the .bmp images, CODE them in along with the + items (basically 10 items for every 1 item). I also have to code in the magic and think about what magic I want to do, put in, how stuff will work out... I have to code in a variety of spells usefull for every class.. along with deciding what the xp gains should be, what level they will require, etc.... all of this by MYSELF. Sometime this summer I plan on getting a temporary host and invite a few people for testing and helping with .inis, but it might be a bit before that happens.

Please do not ask to help with anything besides images, the people that get an invite into the server will be the ones helping with the .inis and such... they don't HAVE to, but they have the option.

Gizza, I plan on keeping class specific armor to that class. Think of how stupid it would be to have a warrior running around in a robe, or a taoist in armor.
Komodo, I'll have to agree with Chrono. With a hybrid player your sitting there leveling all these attacks and such.. it's just pointless and you don't use them in the end. I am planning on going past what the current servers have, and putting weapons in for people with higher skills... not just stupid crap like someone with 1200 attack wielding a weap that requires 600. When you play a game you are always leveling to achieve that next weapon, and this way just keeps it simplistic yet you still achieve something new.

The weapons will not be the same as current RPGWO, following ores and such... if anyone has any more questions, ask away

I got Kirin from GW btw
That must of taken a while to type

Offline Komodo

Kirin
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 05:34:29 am »
See, no matter what stats someone has, there should be at least 3 weapons that would be good for them... maybe one does poison? maybe one does magic?  point is, linear gameplay sucks.  i don't wanna have the same exact character and experience as 100 other people, because I'm not 100 other people. Maybe I want a blue shield and he wants a green one?
The BIG list of

Offline The Muffin Man

Kirin
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 09:18:57 am »
Sorry that you don't like how it's set up. You're the only one so far, and you don't even play the game to begin with, so I guess I don't have much to worry about.

Wtf does the "Maybe I wants a blue shield and he wants a green one" mean? The current game atm doesn't even let you do that unless you want one armor thats wolftier than the other. You aren't understanding the basic concept, and you're acting like a moron. If you learned to read, you would see that I'm putting in TONS of weapons and armors so that people won't bitch about always using the same thing for like 200 levels like they do now. Not only that, I'm putting in several different types of weapons for each class, what I said up there was just the basic concept... i'm sure I said not everything is 100% correct, it's just to give you an idea of what I'm working on. If I didn't, well now you know.

It's not like I'm forcing you to play anyways. Constructive criticism means post what you think I can do to make it better, not whine because you don't like the general idea. Plus, like I said earlier, you don't even play the current RPGWO and that's what you want me to make it like.... so theres not much of a chance I'll listen to your ideas.. sorry

Offline Komodo

Kirin
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 10:14:21 am »
how about you pull your god damn head outta your ass and learn to tigering read and think
The BIG list of

Offline King Dravien

Kirin
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 10:35:48 am »
How about you stop acting like a tigering retard and join the rest of the human race?
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline chronolink

Kirin
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 11:18:31 am »
Quote from: Komodo
how about you pull your god damn head outta your ass and learn to tigering read and think

TLDR

Chown -R us ./Base

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
Kirin
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 12:12:35 pm »
Muf your making a server?

Heh, if you are. Can't wait.
#

Offline Albire

Kirin
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 02:28:21 pm »
hmmm, ok, and remember this is from a fellow game desighner/writer. good basis, alot of players dont like the whole you can only take one class thing, but how about you can multy-class, but at an xp penalty or something. or maybe your first class must always be 5(or something) lvls higher than every other class, and each class you pick up after has to be 5(or something) lvls lower than the class before it. that way it gives a little more customisation, but without making every one a perfect hybrid character.

~~Albire
[span style='font-family:courier'][span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'][span style='color:blue']
I smell fish
[/span][/span][/span]

Offline The Muffin Man

Kirin
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 04:28:36 pm »
What the heck are you talking about? There ARE multiple classes, not just one thing people have to choose. God obviously didn't do a good job at giving brains to some of you people

The way you want it requires hard coding. I don't have access, and never will, to the RPGWO code.

If your talking about making it to where people get X level in , let's say, archer.... then they can get warrior.. then no... that's what the current rpgwo does. The way I have it is set to where you excel in the class you are.... it's like in real life. If you're good at guitar, chances are you aren't going to be good at drums or something else as well.

The way I want to set it up is to encourage player interaction, and see people start doing "parties" to finish quests and such...  I mean it's not forced to do parties, as I know people like to solo through everything all the time. The problem with making this server besides re-doing basically everything is that your all afraid of change. Be glad that something NEW is being done with RPGWO instead of the same old "sit around and level" crap that goes on now. Ever since ST went down servers have gotten boring, loads of people have quit, and everyone just ignores everyone and else... it's completely pointless to play. Hell, it's not even FUN anymore.. people would rather just kill everything for the crappy prizes than have fun doing it.

Hopefully with this server it will encourage an active community again and give people new challenges. I hope you get what I am saying, I've been through a lot today and not thinking straight... so sorry if you don't understand.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:33:21 pm by The Muffin Man »