Author Topic: Looking For Moderators  (Read 8415 times)

Offline Grinch

Looking For Moderators
« on: March 25, 2007, 01:18:05 pm »
Hello everyone,

I\'m currently looking for people to take on the position of Moderator and Gaming Moderator.

These moderators are responsible for enforcing the Terms and Conditions within the following forums:

Moderators
  • General Chat
  • RPGWO Chat
  • Xerxes
  • Graphic Design
  • Programming
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • SPAM!
Gaming Moderators
  • Half-Life
  • World of Warcraft
  • Runescape
  • Halo / Halo 2
  • Ragnarok Online
  • Other Gaming
All moderators report directly to me. I\'m not looking for chat hippos like Rhaorth was. I\'m looking for people who can display the following:
  • Maturity
  • Activeness
  • Trustworthiness
  • Can contribute to the forums they are assigned to
  • Can appropriately use their moderation powers
  • Won\'t abuse powers or be a chat hippo (like Rhaorth)
I will take a few people for each group. I am more likely to accept people who I\'ve known for a long time and that I trust. If I haven\'t known you for a while, prove to me that you can be a good mod.

Post here if you\'re interested in either being a Moderator, Gaming Moderator or BOTH. Then post why. Anyone who posts something stupid like \"Pick me Grinch because I\'m your friend\" will be immediately rejected.

If I can\'t find appropriate moderators from members of the forum, then I WILL bring in people that I know from other sites that I own.

I would rather have members of the forum be moderators of the forum.

Enjoy,

Grinch
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:18:46 pm by Grinch »
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Crack Pipe

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »
i would like to be Moderator because im active everytime in the forum.
im trustworthy not like other people  
i don't curse on here
and um i don't post garbage on here

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:01:24 pm by Crack Pipe »

Offline The Muffin Man

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 02:23:48 pm »
Ey Grinch,

I can help out in Graphics Design, Entertainment, SPAM!, General Chat, and RPGWO chat, and everything except WoW and RO in the gaming forum. I guess mainly because I have a good bit of experience in most of those, which I guess I can list if you want so here goes.

Graphics Design - I have been working with Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, and various other programs and have done proffesional style layouts for several websites before. I believe I started doing this sort of stuff when I was 12-14ish (now almost 19), so as you can see I have a good bit of experience in that field and can help others out and contribute I guess >.>

Entertainment - Well that's sort of obvious, nothing really needed as for a description of why there..

Spam! - Obvious as well, but I guess I can keep that stupid ass junk all the noobs throw in there..

General Chat - I put a lot of input in this forum towards subjects, stories, and pretty much anything I see fit for me to post in. This is the forum I generally spend the most time in.

RPGWO - I have a lot of experience and knowledge in the game, admin crap, basic help towards anything in the game. Can help the noobies out if need be. I AM currently active in the game, so yeah..

Gaming forum - Obvious enough, I have had plenty of experience in various online games, I played Runescape since before it was even known to be Runescape, I play Half-Life and games associated with it quite often (been stuck playing CS:S lately, its damn addicting), lots of experience towards the Halo series as me and buddies usually play the hell out of the gamer every other weekend when we can get together, and I'm not completely biased towards one system and enjoy playing games on all sorts of different platforms so other gaming is a big plus for me.

I'm sure you know you can trust me, I do regret anything I've done in the past but I was quite angered which isnt really an easy thing to do to me, I'm pretty laid back. Very active in the forums, I don't spam too much except the occasional times when topics just go to crap lol . I do have a mature side believe it or not, and the more I pick on you the more I <3 and you damn well know it . Don't really have any enemies on the forums so I couldn't really abuse it much, I mean only person I really hated was Jordonias and he has gone MIA with appearances now and then so no worries there.

I've ran forums, moderated forums, and ran and moderated websites so I have had previous experiences (mostly guild oriented things in different games, I'm still a guild officer for my guild in Guild Wars and I haven't played in almost 2 years , but I have great friends in that guild so yah..)

I'll also stop making fun of your emo pics ;)

GL with choosing.

Edit: Please for the love of god make my group The Pink Pimps, I'll <3 you forever.

Edit 2 : In a none turtle way.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:26:10 pm by The Muffin Man »

Offline Lord Darkness

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 03:19:59 pm »
 lets go for it just for the hell of it!  I should be mod because i am active...occasionaly, i promise to reduce taxes! Build more Strip Clubs and moderate fairly.....Harsh but Fair moderating
1st Steeltide - lvl 29 Xbower  No Damon
2nd Steeltide - lvl 55 Mage 1 Damon
Nulona  -  lvl 66 Mage   5 Damons
Nulona  - lvl 40 Bow    5 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 73 Bow   8 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 1000 @@Admin
Asylum - lvl 24 Mace      0 Damons!! :O

Offline The Muffin Man

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 04:31:08 pm »
I just realized.. did you mean only for certain forums or the whole GROUP? :/

Offline Pirate Wings

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 05:47:27 pm »
I’ll enforce the rules in the user agreement and keep things under control. I’m active and you kind of know me. I can be strict or let a lot of things go depending on what type of mod you want me to be but I’ll be consistent and take anything I’m unsure about up with you. Have previously admin for a forum site of 1500+ people.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Dan

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 08:27:05 pm »
I hate chat hippo rha (I'm a jew) and I always point out stupid meaningless posts anyways, at least let me delete them

Offline Daegan

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 12:44:09 am »
if you make me a moderator, chronolink will suck your monkey.

Serious.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Tarchimache

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 12:53:12 am »
*flex flex* You don't know me well, but I'm a good moderator, I mean, I was an admin for almost a year  and I'm almost always a moderator everywhere else O.o I'll be even more active if I get it xD Etcetera and so forth O.o

Offline Gizza

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 03:48:33 am »
Hey Grinch can i get Moderator for Halo 2 and Graphics. Because im really good at Graphics in other words im good at Photoshop and other programs and i know few tutorials and wolf i can put up. And well Halo 2 because i am 1/4 players that play Halo 2 on this forum

Offline Mistress

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 03:50:00 am »
This should be fun to watch...
I saw Elvis!!! He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO.

Offline Gizza

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 03:52:45 am »
Quote from: Tarchimache
*flex flex* You don't know me well, but I'm a good moderator, I mean, I was an admin for almost a year  and I'm almost always a moderator everywhere else O.o I'll be even more active if I get it xD Etcetera and so forth O.o
You would want to "Active" all together not just be active when your Moderator that's basically just saying something like this "I'll go to your house if you let me swim in your pool"

Offline Brendan

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 05:43:39 am »
You would want to "Active" all together not just be active when your Moderator that's basically just saying something like this "I'll go to your house if you let me swim in your pool"
precisely and Ill Be a game moderator im active and i play games. u kinda no me

Offline chronolink

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 06:50:05 am »
Quote from: Daegan
if you make me a moderator, chronolink will suck your monkey.

Serious.

I already did once...

Erm...

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Pirate Wings

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 06:58:22 am »
the things you like to watch Mistress
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline King Dravien

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 07:07:37 am »
Can i get moderator for Halo/Halo 2, Since im the only person other than Darkness who's good at it
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Tarchimache

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 07:16:30 am »
Quote from: Gizza

Psh, fine, I'll be active all together =P other people knew what I mean, I'll be "more" active, after I get moderator, if that ever happens. If I don't get it, I'll be active anyways xD.

Offline King Dravien

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 07:35:27 am »
But theres a diffrence between having a valid opinion and being wanted in the community, and being like you Gizza, and posting in topics you dont even understand, with some stupid tigering comment.

----

Sorry for double post ---- I believe i know more about halo/halo 2 than most people on these forums, I've played tournaments for it, and its one of my favorite games of all time, On other sites that im a part of i help people gain levels on Halo 2 without having to cheat, Im 100% against cheating because i believe it ruins the game for others, And even for themselves for cheating at an online game....

Drav.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:35:58 am by King Dravien »
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Lord Darkness

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 11:31:25 am »
I could go For Halflife Mod, and Halo  and General chat etc
1st Steeltide - lvl 29 Xbower  No Damon
2nd Steeltide - lvl 55 Mage 1 Damon
Nulona  -  lvl 66 Mage   5 Damons
Nulona  - lvl 40 Bow    5 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 73 Bow   8 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 1000 @@Admin
Asylum - lvl 24 Mace      0 Damons!! :O

Offline Grinch

Looking For Moderators
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 03:19:19 pm »
People who claim to like posting in suchandsuch a forum or who are good and suchandsuch a game had better be prepared to show activity in the forums that they\'d be moderating in.

I will not give out one forum mods. For those of you who want to mod one gaming forum, that\'s not going to happen. It\'s all or nothing.

Let me know who\'s still interested for those of you who said they want to mod one forum.

By the way, I WILL be checking to see who actually is active in the forums that they\'d like to mod in. Spamming = bad. Contributing to the forum = good.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)