Author Topic: Visual Basic 6  (Read 3196 times)

Offline toadking

Visual Basic 6
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 05:35:46 pm »
poop smells good =)

Offline Komodo

Visual Basic 6
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 07:26:55 pm »
tiger java..
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")
--------------------------------------------------------

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline jfredett

Visual Basic 6
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 08:48:33 pm »
Quote from: Komodo
tiger java..

At least Java is, err, useful. Learning VB6 is really not worth learning. VB in general is not particularly useful, if your going to learn any of microsofts languages, go with a standard like C#, its at least better than VB6.

Even so, learning Java, Scheme, Haskell, Erlang, or even C/C++ -- which despite my efforts still exist as mainstream languages. Silly low level coders. -- is better than learning VB because they stand a chance of being used in the real world. I used to put that I had experience in VB on my resume, I've now noticed that when I took it off, I've gotten More, not fewer, Job offers. The point here is simple, VB serves no purpose, period. It does not teach you good coding style, practice, or concepts. It's syntax is horribly broken, and will only serve to confuse you in the future when you do have to learn other languages. It promotes obsolete styles of programming (modules? wtf...), granted, you _can_ do OO and even functional (more or less) programming in VB, but primarly, it supports Spaghetti code. It's bad, VB is just bad.

I try to be nonbias about Programming languages, but honestly, I can't put up w/ VB anymore, its stupid, and it's making idiots out of people who could be good programmers.

VB Sucks, period.

~~Joe