Author Topic: My Thoughts. V3  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Gimpy

My Thoughts. V3
« on: June 27, 2017, 01:41:24 pm »
You think just because no ones testing that we arent keeping up to date or lost interest your wrong. I personally am not much for testing games ill say that. But i have been keeping up to date via forums and chats with friends like Jaster Reylu.

Here are some ways i think you could strongly improve this new V3.

1) Work on economy. This means make sure theres gold leaving the world. Also that gold isnt to easly obtained. This will only add value to everything that cost alot of money. (guilds, lands, token purchases, trader bought items). I think one way you can do this is raise cost of guild maintenance fees, guild cost, and guild claims or wars. Make it so guilds can claim further plots then just one. (Ill cover some other ideas for guilds later).

Token purchases for EL tools or pluses to items ect are another good way to insure money leaves the server. Now for god sake dont start adding quanthsiths and stuff to this list. That only devalues these items that fighters have to work so hard to obtain. But with some brain storming you could come up with some real clever and nice ideas.

Implement a free for normal land claims, dosent have to be great. But could work well with your multiple land claim idea with gradual land cost increase. the gold can be withdrawn from players inventory say once a week on a set date or something? Can go into the negatives untill a set amount then the players lose there land?

2) Guilds    Boy were do i even start. Guild exp is a broken and cheap system thats been grossly abused for far to long. ways to fix this are simple. A) remove  B) make it so exp dosent build when guilds are in the negative. Further more on option b, make it so exp can roll over past one level. So people who work hard to put exp in the pools arent in the mind set that exp is a crutch on there character, because everyone whos in a guild is getting exp.
Now alot of you will say well make me rank 0, give the guild to a tradesmen ect blah blah. Well on to my next point. Make exp even split between numbers no mater.Make it scale the same, so more players higher % ect. But no mater your rank you get 1/10th for 10 members so forth so on. Some of you might think this would devalue guild ranks, and you would be right if i wasent about to make my next point. Guild ranks are currently meaningless. Now to fix this you should make the ability for each rank to do different things.
Rank 1 Deposit, No guild land access
Rank 2 Deposit, Guild land rights
Rank 3 Deposit, Invite players, Land access
Rank 4 Deposit, invite players, land access, Can demote players 3 and below
Rank 5 Deposit, invite, access, WITHDRAW, Can demote and kick players 4 and below
Rank 6 Deposit, invite, access, WITHDRAW, Can demote and kick players 5 and below, can kick players 5 and below
Rank 7 Deposit, invite, access, WITHDRAW, Can demote and kick players 6 and below, can kick players 6 and below, can claim guild land (multiple plots)
Rank 8 Deposit, invite, access, WITHDRAW, Can demote and kick players 7 and below,  can kick players 7 and below, can claim guild land (multiple plots)
Rank 9 All rights of guild leader minus dis ban guild or demote/kick rank 10.
Rank 10 Complete control of guild.

Now on to other things to aid a guild. Perks to going guild war. Say you put a soft cap on spells like hero or stat buffs or renewels. Well any member of a guild currently enabled in war can go from a cap of say 40 with hero 4 to 50 with hero 5. So guessing the player can cast the spells, but can only use if they are participating in war. Dosent mean they have to be at war. The guild leaders can simple pay the fee to enable war and have access to said perks. The bonus cant be such a jump to where it makes it absurd. Given most of these spells should take a higher end player to cast anyways. Im open to any ideas about how to further fix guilds. But thats just my imput. Also to touch on guild ranks further. Further rank you are, higher cost to stay in guild. But being a higher rank would mean you are of more value to your guild in one way shape or form, not saying the fee has to be unreasonable but it should be a difference.

And for gods sake finish the guild tab. So players can see members in there guild and easly kick/remove. Maybe even add a deposit box at the bottem so players can type an amount and it withdraws from inventory.

Should attempt to add a guild token system so guild leaders who obtain large amounts of money in there guild banks can spend there wealth. Not sure how you could do this, but always open for a brain storm.

Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Gimpy

Re: My Thoughts. V3
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:45:48 pm »
There are so many free image sites out there. People want you to use there content for free just out of love for making pixel art. You could do justice on v3 simply by doing a few hours of work on google replacing 12 year old monster images with new ones. Further more theres a ton of decent players in rpgwo currently who are good at recoloring, reworking and creating new weapon/armor images. All you need to do Mr Kudlo is simply ask.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »
As for traders and making trade skills more useful well alot of servers lately all mostly based of Roarions content have been great for economy. Make trade skills high ranging from 200-600 or 700 for alchemy, blacksmith or jewelry making. This insures early on in the game that players who mainly focus on fighters or a mixture of both have to rely on tradesmen for higher tier items. Remove gold from npcs and gold ore so players cant abuse them off the start. Add in tradeskill quest npc for say x amount of seeds for x amount of gold so tradesmen/fighters alike can obtain mules or land. Drasticly alter the gold drop from monsters so fighters dont end up with 100k by 20. Make it scale. There will always be dedicated players who make hardcore tradesmen before fighters ect. But thats what makes rpgwo so good and what it is. There will always be a place for high end trade work in a system where pots/equipment/jewels all need high skills to obtain. Not to say there shouldnt been decent drops for high end fighters. But thats another topic. This will help the economy for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:02:30 pm by Gimpy »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:23:33 pm »
Automated events are a great thing in my opinion. First it removed the need for an admin. (thats my next topic). And it gives bored players something to do to take there mind off the grind that is rpgwo. Increasing the cost to join such events is another way to remove gold from the world, helping the economy. To make the events more worth while, make them harder and more rewarding. Some ways to make it harder is to change the seige boss to something that makes sense. Instead of an exp machine, make it difficult to kill and fun. Make the boss fire storm, forcing players to use magic wall or heal more often. Make his attack vary from missle to magic. Theres lots of ways you just have to be creative. Remove over powered traps. I can see minor health, mana, stamina traps but hero traps are silly and can lead to abuse for trade skill gain. As for a reward well you could make it "event token" based. This would require an event token list. Here are a few ideas i had.

!) Seige weapons such as catapults, battering ram and giant flail.
2) A higher then available plus for armor or weapon from an admin.
3) You could make the area around the main town walled off like a castle, and make the inner plots claimed by plot, sell them to players for event tokens. So a special land with in the town walls essentially.
4) Vanity items that cant be crafted
These are just some i thought of on the fly.

Also you could make the events one death attempts. Forcing players to actually pre pair and try.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 03:30:27 pm »
Admins.... Talk about the most sensitive subject there is in rpgwo. The issue is the mind you give power to some people they take it to far, or lack of experience shows. In my opinion there should be an Admin at all times. A single @@@ aside from mickey who can handle issues that need to be adressed. Mods and lower tier admins can be removed by implementing rules and making sure said @@@ is enforcing them evenly. This admin needs to A) not have a player character because as history has shower they cant be trusted in such events, and B) need to be experienced and trust worthy across the board. You could open v3 solo and then take applications for the positions. Then take the names on the forums in a poll. IDK is its a great idea but its an idea.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 01:51:51 pm »
Hmm, why don't you tell us how you really feel... heh.

1. Economy needs work for sure.

2. I haven't even looked at Guild code yet. I did remove the Guild tab for now but do want to add it back with crap in it but that is a long term goal unless players really push for change sooner.

3. I have been on opengameart.org and found a bunch of monster images that I plan to use when I redo monsters. Can't find any plant/tree stuff I like tho. People have offered to help with art but I need to get content settled first. And I am jaded about others work cuz I have ask for help in past and got nothing so I don't bother but I should now.

4. The new ores push skills requirements just over 500. Each metal tier raises skill needed by 50-ish. I could adjust this to 75 or 100 but then ratings need adjustment too. I spent a lot of time on it and am hesitant to redo it, again. I would rather add 5-10 more ores and keep the 50+ thing going. I did leave room for at least 5 more.
- Alchemy is every 50 as well, 50-100, 100-150, 150-200 for minor, major and mega. Should I push that up?
- Haven't touched Jewelry yet.
- But yeah, more higher end stuff is needed. I just don't know how fast people level, I guess?

5. Events definately need to happen. I was looking at my script code and it is PRETTY AWESOME and sad I never used it very much. And if I can get dynamic adding of maps then dungeons, etc, can be made on the fly and be announced and encourage community and give special items out.

6. Admins... what are they for? Building is really the only thing I can think of. Maybe dealing with bugs, abuses or being trapped? I say be done with admins. I was planning V6 to be admin free. Let players police themselves with /ignore and filters, etc. I don't know. And macroing?... so what. I was planning on adding client side scripting to V6 so you can automate your player.... while offline or online. Players are gonna macro, can't stop it, so let it be part of the game for all?

Well, just a few replies from the top of my head.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 02:13:47 pm »
Im good with no admins as are most im sure

As for skill caps for weapons and trade skills alike. Players in new age rpgwo enjoy going to 500-700 tradeskills or higher even. It gives players like Greatest and Dravien Muffin just to name a few off the top of my head a goal and something to work at. As for weapons, if the content is there players now and days play till lvl 100+. Would suck to use the same weapon from 500 attack to 1300 lol. Maybe space them out more or add filler weapons idk thats up to you.  The point of my guild section was to fix exp pool and the main issue with guilds having no real point. You implemented the idea of "ranks" over a decade ago yet gave them no real point.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 02:33:35 pm »
No macroing has to be agenst the rules, it has destroyed games like tibia, runescape ect. people should have to play the game or whats the point

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 04:56:47 pm »
I had an idea for Shields.  The idea came based on the fact i think rpgwo needs 3 defs. sense theres 3 types of attack. You could add the skill Parry, witch would act as melee d currently does. Then add a skill called Block. Now block could work one way in my opinion. the skill it self could only be raised by TAKING damage. So unlike defs were you primerly get exp from evading an attack, you would need to take damage, any amount to raise the skill. EXP can be based off monster level similar to how raising defs used to work. To make a shield worth using you could make it so when using a shield you automatically absorb a range of damage.

Wood Shield 1-3 damage
Copper shield 2-3 damage
Iron Shield 3-5 damage
so forth so on. I did this on the fly. you could make them whatever you wish.
So essentially shields would take block to use, if you had high block and a good shield you could auto subtract a set amount of damage you would normally take. so if a player is always smacking you got 100s and you have on a hessite shield he might only smack u got 50-70 depending on if you trained block enough to use said shield. This would add a new way of training defs honestly, i mean magic d takes mana, evasion could be for missle attacks - stamina. And Block could be life to train.

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 06:15:30 pm »
make all guilds forced war

200 alchmy is easy to get day 1 cuz of jewlery making (god i hate that skill, its such a noob friendly crutch). push that WAY UP u should atleast have to have perks in order to make mega...ppl may not remember but with out perks ur skills are capped at 400..just sayin.....noobs.

and uhhh...if u gonna allow macro'ing hopefuly u do something like the grayvyn clones that would randomly stalk people. allowing it is 100% a bad plan (its against the EULA after all) just find someone whod b willing to babysit for you. for the love of god tho dont give ANYONE @@ or @@@  just find @admin or moderators

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 12:00:38 am »
- Alchemy is every 50 as well, 50-100, 100-150, 150-200 for minor, major and mega. Should I push that up?
so some noob just started and some guy makes him a deal, I'll give you jewels and boosts if you make me megas...

I've never made a mega at level 1 before, but if it only takes 200 skill it could be done, and probably will be quite often since you mentioned before you were ok with multis.  also this is part of what kills game economy!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 11:36:53 am »
I am looking into reworking the potions. Thinking of making 10 levels, at 50 skill intervals each.

Currently, Stamina is 15, 30 and 45 boosts for minor, major and mega.
If I started at 10 then add 5 for each level: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55.
Named something like Stamina Potion I, Stamina Potion II,... Stamina Potion V, ... Stamina Potion IX, Stamina Potion X.
Min Skill needed to make 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500.

For attribute and skill potions, it currently boosts 10, 20 and 30 points.
If I started at 5 then add 5 for each level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
Named something like Sword Potion I, Sword Potion II,... Sword Potion IX, Sword Potion X.
Min Skill needed to make 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500.

Those skill/attrib boosts look too high. Maybe put a level restriction on use. Like it only boosts MAX what your player level is. So a newb level 5 player, only gets 5 boost from a Strength Potion X. Maybe jewelry should get this too?

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 02:18:44 pm »
if u did that, hopefuly u dont hate us and make it like...

use mana charge on sword potion 1 to get sword potion 2
use somethign else on sword potion 2 to get sword potion 3
use another thing on sword potion 3 to get sword potion 4 ....ect...ect...

that would b a tiger ton of time just upgrading pots to 10

not sure what u have in mind for the process, maybe higher tierd ingredients taken longer to grow? or only grow at certain elevations? or in certain biomes?
or make a few tiers?

example
use alembic on ground up plant to get sword pot 1
use mana charge on sword pot 1 to get sword pot 2
use fufu pot on sword pot 2 to get sword pot 3

then a new tier would start so u cant upgrade a sword pot 3 into a 4
use alembic on ground up whatever plant to get sword pot 4
use thing on sword 4 to get 5
use stuff on 5 to get 6

then the final tier

could do different level restrictions based off tiers so it dont get too out of hand, if mean if u go by 5's ud end up being level 50 before u could drink the best potion
50 not a crazy high level but majority of the traderskillers dont seem to make it that high.

this would require a bunch more plants tho i think..so i duno...just some thoughts

i personaly hate jewlery making, but if u were to put a lvl restriction on all the different type of gems, garnet ruby whatever...that seems like a good idea to me

id be nice if more than 3 people would post, more ideas r better ideas. tigerers.

Offline Soapy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 50
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    50 Posts Karma Good Search
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 05:31:07 pm »
How about this for kind of changing the way alchemy is currently done, completely. This would enable Mickey to do what he's wanting by having a bunch of different tier pots, but not be grindy like how Alch currently is.

Instead of grinding up plants or using an Alembic. You need to make a Cauldron. Put water in said Cauldron. At this point, only a Cauldron w/ water. Next you need to use, say a spider eye, on the Cauldron to change the water merky green or something. Now, if you right click on the Cauldron, you can look inside (like the "trade" window). Now, the interactive pop-up window would work similarly to how magic spells research works. You need to add in from your inventory, the proper types of different cut plants, in a proper order (that part can be debatable), and then click idk "brew" and it will do an animation for two minutes or something and then you can double click to receive items, or it auto drops them to ground when done. If possible, you could make it so however many of the plants you put in, is how many pots it makes. The more pots, the longer it takes. so if you put 100 Red Weed, 100 Germ Weed, 100 Plant Fibers & 100 Yellow mushrooms, you get 100 Spear X potions.

Now this would probably take a ton of work to do, but i think it's a better, more interactive way of doing this, with some minor automation to it & you don't need to add more plant types if you do it by specific order, rather than random order but the same required plant types.
Yee...

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 07:47:23 am »
I like the cauldron idea(used a cauldron when I made my own files), but I think you went a little overboard with it...

why not use cauldrons, but similar to V1/V2 usages?  boiling cauldron, add plant type 1 to get a basic broth, add plant type 2 to get a mixed broth, add a catalyst(mineral items that can change the potion) and get whatever elixir you were going for then use jars/bottles1 on cauldron to get potions. 

no having to mix in a certain order2, no new 'window', but have different results based on catalyst used.  this could mean adding a lot more plants to the game, or we could have different parts to already existing plants.  ie: if there were a plant called red flower, you could have red flower petals, red flower stem, red flower roots, red flower stamen, or red flower leaves each as alchemy ingredients.  depending on how the plant is harvested you could get 1-3 of these items plus seeds to plant more.

1: as this would be an over used item it shouldn't be something complicated to make, maybe use clay to make them and get 10 per
2:Plant A + Plant B should give the same mixture as Plant B + Plant A.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Soapy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 50
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    50 Posts Karma Good Search
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 04:20:20 pm »
I like your idea's here Greatest. A blend of the idea's or tweaking to both or more can mold it into a whole new improved system with additional possibilities.
Yee...

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 05:23:36 am »
I already made a lot of changes to Alchemy. A cauldron is a good idea but gonna pass on it for now. Too much work and I want to open something soon.

The changes I made so far:
- minerals mined, ground into powder (about 26 minerals)
- alch plant harvested, alembic into extract (um, who freakin' knows)
- rose harvested, ground petals (there is now 10 rose plants)
- shrooms harvested, alembic into extract (there is now 20 shroom colors!!)

- First/base potion is a mineral and an organic put together
 - life/stam/mana/cure uses a rose organic
 - attributes use shrooms
 - skill boosts use alch plants

- potion upgrades - use an alch plant extract on a potion to upgrade it

- all potion recipes randomized at world creation

When I re-work monsters, some day, will probably add monster drops to the mix.