Poll

How many people want to play V2?

New Server
17 (77.3%)
Let it Die
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: How many people still want to play V2?  (Read 5723 times)

Offline komara

Re: How many people still want to play V2?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 04:52:03 am »
Just make a nice classic server and let's play...

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 02:54:46 pm »
If you change black magic to green magic by name, it wont show up as an attack.
as long as you don't remove the line 'Purpose=Magic' from 'skill.ini' it will add to the character's magic attack(just like blue red and white magic always have), so as long as you change every line in 'magic.ini' from 'Black Magic' to 'Green Magic'(case sensitive to exactly how it is in 'skill.ini') it doesn't change anything. 

on the other hand, changing a skill name and giving it no uses it won't show up in the skill selection area...

I just changed Black to Big(see attachment), it is in V1 because I'm too lazy to set up a V2 for such foolishness...

there may be other places you'll need to make the same changes(treasure.ini for some skills).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 03:31:46 pm »
He means in the client. When you double click someone you'll just see something like MAGIC ATTACK = 0 in view.

So pretty much you can make it implicitly hidden whether it's trained or not, so non-B/B/R/W magics might need to have some constraints like not used for pvp or otherwise making so that knowing another's skill level is less of a deal

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 04:27:57 pm »

Offline Doogles

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 04:41:54 pm »
Perhaps adding some magic power to weapons so that you don't have to use a wand?

I imagine if you changed up what stats the skills used (such as black magic focusing on strength and dexterity, while white magic makes an intelligence and wisdom build, or something of that nature) you would still allow for the people that are just doing trade skills, broader character specialization to focus on what the player wants.

I would also like to see the world set up for more of a teamwork and community aspect as well.
-Quests that require more than one person (Say one that requires one of each type of mage to cast a spell specific to their school in order for the party to progress)
-No bulk production items until the players devote time/resources to its development (such as a research institute that, once a certain amount of raw materials are given to it, code for a new crafting method comes out.  Once 1K of each alchemy seed goes into the box, then code is added to use a bulk grinder.  This could then scale so that the next level requires more to increase the benefit, or add a new feature.  This would keep the world growing and give people more to work towards.)

I had a couple other ideas, but I forgot them while I was typing.
A.K.A. Yuji

Offline Doogles

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 04:46:50 pm »
I'd be thrilled to play your server.
A.K.A. Yuji

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »
Opened the client to see Gallows server.   I was hella thrilled...... but admin only allowed to log in.    :(   Your work in progress?

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 03:35:56 pm »
Nope, not mine. I don't really want to make the same old basic rpgwo server, but no one seems to want to try anything new. So I basically stopped working on it.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 03:36:50 pm »
Was considering making a plain rpgwo server just so people had something to play, but someone beat me to it.

Which all in all isn't bad for me, I would like to play as well.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 03:37:57 pm »
Opened the client to see Gallows server.   I was hella thrilled...... but admin only allowed to log in.    :(   Your work in progress?

World is already a flop / bad version of Hex from what I can tell looking in the files for a few minutes unless they attempted to fix the stuff Mysti put in. Only thing really new I saw is some dual sword images and they recolored some of the monster images. Could be good if it's a lot of quest content I guess.

⦁   Thanks to MYSTI for all the hard work she put in as this is a continuation of the CARNAGE files.

Glad Mysti still gets credit for doing very little - don't get me started on how big trees should turn into small ones lmao. Hopefully this time they don't have the secret hero traps again and give Mysti's favorite players free items/boosts/etc.

Looking back again to see if I missed anything the dual swords don't even have wear images, believe its because I put in the max amount of wear images already so they will probably be messed up.

Perhaps adding some magic power to weapons so that you don't have to use a wand?

I would also like to see the world set up for more of a teamwork and community aspect as well.
-Quests that require more than one person (Say one that requires one of each type of mage to cast a spell specific to their school in order for the party to progress)

1) Not possible.
2) Also not possible when so few people play the game.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:42:09 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 05:35:15 pm »
according to the website given, its tommy... :-\ ???

Nope, not mine. I don't really want to make the same old basic rpgwo server, but no one seems to want to try anything new. So I basically stopped working on it.
we're ok with new, but your magic idea would be far too imbalanced.  crafting and fighting should(atleast in my opinion) always be separate skills.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 05:12:14 pm »
Since Tommy is a baby and pulled his server down........  I now have interest in another new server.   Make it happen, me luv you long time.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Aero

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 09:00:23 am »
Tommy's server appears to be back online.
Lol.