Author Topic: Just Wondering..  (Read 8064 times)

Offline JSleezY

Just Wondering..
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:37:24 pm »
hey i am wondering if anyone has a a list for what the item data slots mean for  like items and traps and what not.

im also wondering how i Set my Seige area to the Map ive built.. the set of command instructions i have do not give much explination at all

Any help would be appriciated

O and how do i make an Anvil Usable in plot land
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:39:48 pm by JSleezY »

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Just Wondering..
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:27:59 pm »
itemdata there is probably a text file somewhere, this varies by v1/v2

/plotrights [this is probably right on a training area, but not for town] or set anvils to public use in itemuse/itemini [or make another Anvil item for public town display use, otherwise any anvil becomes usable on other peoples land, then /item the new anvil by item id]

i think /landnewbmining sets it to only churn out low level ores too
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:29:34 pm by Raikaria »

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:33:34 pm »
ran out of edit time:

add to end of item: PlotUse

ignore what i said up there for that part

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 02:55:11 pm »
uhh none of the above mentioned commands worked at all.. but im also wondering how i can set the item Data on vendors as well.

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:07:19 pm »
not commands. you add them to the ini for the item.

i think vendors are [gold amount] [itemid to give]

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:37:25 pm »
dude you just stop posting your wrong about everything you have told me.. its itemdata (itemid of item to accept), (ammount), (Itemid of returned item), Ammount,

Id like to know how to make it so it would pump out the ghoul blade With the +25 Stat bonus !!

Still Need a guide for Making my Siege map as well as how to set the auto Seiges..

Also how do i make a new item?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 07:42:21 am »
Also how do i make a new item?
not commands. you add them to the ini for the item.

if you're wondering how to make new items then you wouldn't understand what he told you.  the file "item.ini" has all the items in it, they need an id(unique number) and a name(doesn't have to be unique).  from there you can change anything you want about any item, or create new items all together.  don't be a monkey when you don't understand someone who is trying to help you.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 08:35:50 am »
By commands he probably meant the /plotrights and /landnewbmining which I don't think are real commands. /plotrights might be correct but I don't remember.

There used to be lists available in text files attached to some posts on this forum but I looked through some old threads and all the text files appear to be wiped of any data they contained.
(Insert witty signature here)

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 08:55:53 am »
Found this when I try to make a server.

http://pastebin.aquilenet.fr/?2b52e37264ae0e41#/fgHyQvyrToSTwp5NRJpd2kQoBCy8/Pjkz4xLiRXMnk=
http://pastebin.aquilenet.fr/?d51df26dcb01bb6b#1TNOdJhBh/YZmOfLQYuk9SEMPJCdl2ZPEqanRhSFzeM=

No idea how accurate they are. Just posting files as is.

I think plotrights is for making general land rights. Like for training area (bottom right in the test 1.x server steeltide currently online that lets you do anything.) You'd probably want to wall around on actual plot land.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 09:04:15 am »
Plz go here...

http://www.rpgwo2.com/guide/index.php

I'm not sure you can setup a vendor to sell items with the + on them I would have to check the future code because I know I tried that but I'm on mobile...

If you have any other questions please bring Kaios to 0 karma and then we can talk again.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 11:38:31 pm »
So im a Little Pissed off About the Server i was Tinkering with, After  damn near completing my noob island, Something happened and the server just started deleting ever item that was placed on noob island... not npcs or the surface or vendors and items... just any and all Built Walls and doors...
Im Completley Stumped as to what happened.. the land was all plot land and i was Building with a @@@ admin..

Could it Be possible that the walls and doors dissapeared because i Spawned them in my INventory and PLaced them?  Maybe When i was Tinkering with item Creations i had a few Mishaps where instead of copying items lines i cut them out completely and when i reloaded settings i had like a 10 minute long Spamm Session of Moditem_int Error Messages and no items would spawn .. but the walls in the world were still there.. all in all i Copied the Stuff i made and replaced the item ini Files and all worked out fine..

i decided to Try making a pk World and Took Noob island out... as amazing as newb isle was on St.. Due to lack of Newb island Setup information.. i feel that played a big role on what happened with my structures...

Does anyone know have or feel like Sharing the know how of making my own item and monster images as well as how to actually add them into the Game.. i think i can grasp how to put the text Strings into the ini Files but as far as getting the actual image in there that kind of has me stumped..

I found some seige Commands like /Warspot /autowar /warspotls /warls  but i Still Dont KNow how Schedule Auto Sieges  and Set the restrictions.
is it Something i have to actually Change in one of the .ini files or is there a command for it..

also the ini Files i have are alright but im wondering if there is a Nice Cleanly put together Set of ini.s i,d Prefer ones that have not been altered very much and pretty much Contain Just the original Items and everything..

Offline Roarion

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 11:22:53 am »
So im a Little Pissed off About the Server i was Tinkering with, After  damn near completing my noob island, Something happened and the server just started deleting ever item that was placed on noob island... not npcs or the surface or vendors and items... just any and all Built Walls and doors...
Im Completley Stumped as to what happened.. the land was all plot land and i was Building with a @@@ admin..

Could it Be possible that the walls and doors dissapeared because i Spawned them in my INventory and PLaced them?  Maybe When i was Tinkering with item Creations i had a few Mishaps where instead of copying items lines i cut them out completely and when i reloaded settings i had like a 10 minute long Spamm Session of Moditem_int Error Messages and no items would spawn .. but the walls in the world were still there.. all in all i Copied the Stuff i made and replaced the item ini Files and all worked out fine..

i decided to Try making a pk World and Took Noob island out... as amazing as newb isle was on St.. Due to lack of Newb island Setup information.. i feel that played a big role on what happened with my structures...

Does anyone know have or feel like Sharing the know how of making my own item and monster images as well as how to actually add them into the Game.. i think i can grasp how to put the text Strings into the ini Files but as far as getting the actual image in there that kind of has me stumped..

I found some seige Commands like /Warspot /autowar /warspotls /warls  but i Still Dont KNow how Schedule Auto Sieges  and Set the restrictions.
is it Something i have to actually Change in one of the .ini files or is there a command for it..

also the ini Files i have are alright but im wondering if there is a Nice Cleanly put together Set of ini.s i,d Prefer ones that have not been altered very much and pretty much Contain Just the original Items and everything..

1) Always keep a "real server" and a "test server". The test server is where you obviously test things and when it works you transfer it over to the real server. This is to prevent you from trashing your entire real world like you have done above.

2) The walls / floors are vanishing because you broke your item.ini it sounds like. Those errors are cause by you putting something in the file that didn't work, and everything after that point broke and broke your items in game.

3) You might as well delete that entire world you made now since all the items as messed up and it wouldn't even be worth the attempt to export the maps from in game since you broke the items. Remake the maps in rpgwo-edit and import them.

4) Newb island didn't cause your world to break you did.

5) Don't make maps in game thats the worst idea you could ever have. Make them in rpgwo-edit like I said above and then import them. (read the admin command list)

6) The largest / most complete / bug free files are the Hex files. I don't believe the link is active in the forums for them anymore since a bunch of idiots release garbage versions of them (imo) and tried to take credit for doing the work in them. I think the Hexed ones might still be on the forums but aren't as good. If you would like the Hex files you can private message me your info when you can prove you're not garbage at making worlds or maybe someone else has a copy they will share with you.

Edit: Also back your server stuff up online.
Edit2: Plz post your questions in server doc-umentation like you QQed about in your other post.  :P
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 02:58:34 pm »
thanks for the info, yea i did realise thats what i had done..  i was able to Procure the hex ini Files.. But it didnt have the server.exe file.. is it the same server file from the 1.15 server Files? or is it different. I tryed a test world with a 1.15 Server.exe and Some lines dont work.. like map layers a few misc things.. i managed to eliminate the messages.. but im Curious if maybe the Text was wrong.. like world Depth= wont work. i have to say From Reading all the Hex ini files.. i realise Roarian i believe the maker of the files.. Really put a ton of work into it, the only thing i dont like and its still not a bad thing is he has A LOT of custom made things.. uses Items Quests npcs and that is Great.. but with no Information on them really i cant fully understand what they are all For or how to Utilize them all fully..

on the Note of Rpgwo Edit.. ive used it once... back in the days of original Steel tide but id Really like to get familiar with it.. i know its not rocket science. i just like to be thorough.. and My rpgwoedit in my client folder doesnt Work.. says im missing files or something..

I Started a server with the hex inis..  and ive copied the Data into my local.files folder.. but it wont Connect via the local option.. i can Connect through the ip address and port.. just not my local Files.. and how come when i do connect through the Specify option it updates into Pheonix.files.. any idea how to change that and get it so it will connect on Local?

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 03:17:28 pm »
v1 only has one level of underground [0 above 1 below], you need v2 if you want multiple levels

write your own connect.ini; the specify option will update into whatever is listed in connect ini as Default

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »
 can U explain better? all i do is put my connection information into the connect ini folder and then it will make a folder with the Server name.files?

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »
So i was able to get on the rpgwo Site and Download the server2 files.. on Creation of the world i find that i need some Stinking password in order to add Content and Stuff that did not require a password on the 1.15 version.. Does anyone know what the password is? or does anyone have a Copy of the v2 server that doesn't need one? Id Greatly Appriciate it

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 05:47:26 pm »
client.dat

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 06:05:44 pm »
what do you mean Client.dat.... what am i doing to it? is this something to fix the Password Problem?

Offline Roarion

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 07:21:09 pm »
what do you mean Client.dat.... what am i doing to it? is this something to fix the Password Problem?

The password is "client.dat" if you download the V2 server files you can use that server.exe with the Hex files.

As far as custom content and NPC's go I would advise you to look into the monster.ini line by line it's really the only way to learn well and figure out the world.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 07:23:06 pm »
client.dat

When i Open it with Notepad its Empty.. what do i do with it or how do i open it.. also.. my v1-v2 client wont connect to my server i get a your client is outdated get the latest at rpgwo.com
wtf lol