Author Topic: Hallows is Open  (Read 13653 times)

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Hallows is Open
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 03:36:13 pm »
No one plays unique servers, I have one that took me months of work and it flopped since everyone wants to play "fantasy" servers lol....

I was just going to mention that and like I've said before it's unfortunate, some of the people playing this game are total idiots to not even give a server chance based on something so arbitrary like "modern" and "fantasy."

Mohegan does have a good point though.

Anyways I'm not sure why Dravien is commenting at all really, dude is a hypocrite considering he complained so much about Mysti and Carnage with me then he goes and plays the server and even said he was willing to put it back up himself.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2015, 06:58:19 pm »
@Roar. Yeah I meant modern.
Unfortunately people as a whole don't tend to like change.
We are creatures of habit.
I'm sorry to everyone but I have to shutdown the server for personal reasons.  Hope you all had fun.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline yeahs

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2015, 10:08:04 pm »
Was fun while it lasted, Sparked my interest in rpgwo again though would like to play another pk server. Have alot of work these days so can only play casually. Any new serrvers coming soon?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »
There is a rumor that someone is gonna use my Maze Runner idea for a world.
Just sayin'
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2015, 10:23:33 am »
The maze generator for Rpgwo Edit is actually pretty useful but it could use some enhancements, or rather, some functions that don't seem to currently work would really improve it.

When you generate a maze it fills in the walls with unmined ore walls but then you have to go over the entire thing and actually put real walls in which is a huge hassle.

The connect wood/granite walls function does not seem to work at all or if it does I have no idea how. I have tried placing your basic "Wall" named item and using the connect granite wall option to see if it turns them in to the correct walls (NS, EW, Corners) but nothing even happens. Connect Wood Wall just seems to screw everything up.

Also while it's nice having the map to get an overall picture of what you created, it'd be much nicer if we could also have a Zoom In and Out feature so that for example I could be looking at an entire 200x200 space without the scroll bars.

These would be nice additions/fixes.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2015, 11:38:59 am »
Steps I use to make a maze:

- File - create a new map, whatever size, 1000x1000 broke it for me, heh
- Select a Flat surface
- EDIT - Generate Maze
 - select width of halls, for a 200x200 map, I suggest at least 4 wide
 - random wall open percent
  - zero gives a perfect, non-circular maze, with plenty of dead ends
  - anything above zero will give more connected, circular mazes, I like 1 to 5 percent
- select the FIRST granite wall in the item list, I hit CTRL-I, type granite wall, enter
- EDIT - Item Fill On Empty Surface
- EDIT - Connect Granite Walls
- EDIT - Surface Fill On Empty Surface
- Done with basic map and can now add items, spawns, monsters, etc

This method will not give you un-mined walls and should not require any manual fixes except what edits you do for your quest, like make a large room in the middle, etc.

The connect granite walls should work as long as you have the first granite wall selected. The same thing goes for the wood walls. Select the first wood wall in a colored set and the connect wood walls should work. I know it isn't obvious it requires it but it does because the editor doesn't know where the wood walls are located since there can be many colors. Also, as long as the shape order is the same as my original files then it should work since it is hard coded.

Just tested the wood wall connect and it worked good.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2015, 12:08:22 pm »
Thank you that's good information to know, I'll test it out when I get home.

Still think a zoom feature would be incredibly useful, it can be difficult trying to get a sense of the overall progression of your map and how it looks, even, uneven, etc. when you have such a limited view of it.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2015, 01:30:55 pm »
I feel I have to ask some questions about this(I've only ever done the admin run event not an actual full world maze):

if someone is halfway through the maze and gets killed, do they start back at the beginning?
if someone is halfway through the maze and leaves for repairs/food do they start over again from the beginning?
can someone with blue magic memorize a spot inside the maze?

I know having to fight through weak monsters at the beginning of a quest again when you're near the end would sort of suck...and monsters always attack no matter how much stronger you are so if you're back at the beginning having to use up stam to kill roaches when you have stats in the 400 range sort of seems weird.  on the other hand if you can warp inside the maze what stops someone from warping into the middle and going back to the last boss room to get some good drop from the last section?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline hazze

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »
I've not done a full world maze before but my thoughts would be this:

> if someone is halfway through the maze and gets killed, do they start back at the beginning?
You get a warp key of some sort at the start, upon entry to maze. Like warp key L1. You have to use it on the warp stone to exit to L2. The stone gives you a L2 key instead, and you have to use the L2 key to transport to L3.

This is a nodrop on death item that allows you access to a warp room that grants access to L1 to L3 if you have a L3 key, etc from the entry portal.

> if someone is halfway through the maze and leaves for repairs/food do they start over again from the beginning?
You also can start with a "teleport scroll" item (or purchasable maybe ;)) that brings you back to L1 or the entry point, in case you want to exit at any time without walking back or suiciding.

> can someone with blue magic memorize a spot inside the maze?
No way

> going back to the last boss room to get some good drop from the last section?
It's theoretically possible to gate entry into the boss room, and also spawn only one of an item. The next L3 boss item will not spawn at all (not using ITEMSPAWN) until someone makes the entry from L2 to L3 again via a legitimate key; direct entry via the warp room will not trigger the event.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2015, 02:44:11 pm »
You can disallow memorization on plots of land via a command. I forget the command.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2015, 02:46:02 pm »
No one plays unique servers, I have one that took me months of work and it flopped since everyone wants to play "fantasy" servers lol....

I was just going to mention that and like I've said before it's unfortunate, some of the people playing this game are total idiots to not even give a server chance based on something so arbitrary like "modern" and "fantasy."

Mohegan does have a good point though.

Anyways I'm not sure why Dravien is commenting at all really, dude is a hypocrite considering he complained so much about Mysti and Carnage with me then he goes and plays the server and even said he was willing to put it back up himself.

Nobody else had a server open, Nobody else worthwhile wanted one hosted. You think ill stop playing all together like you just because you don't like somebody?

I had fun playing with a group of people having laughs and trying new player builds.  this game is dead and gg. Mickey made sure of that.

RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2015, 06:07:12 pm »
@Kaios use the granite wall that is just a square. Those seem to work for connect granite walls. I had no success with wood
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »
@Kaos also if you're using rpgwo edit there should be an overall image on the right
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2015, 06:53:55 pm »
@Roar. Yeah I meant modern.
Unfortunately people as a whole don't tend to like change.
We are creatures of habit.
I'm sorry to everyone but I have to shutdown the server for personal reasons.  Hope you all had fun.

Darn.  I was liking being able to start fresh. Thanks for the server, while it lasted.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2015, 08:40:37 am »
Nobody else had a server open, Nobody else worthwhile wanted one hosted. You think ill stop playing all together like you just because you don't like somebody?

I had fun playing with a group of people having laughs and trying new player builds.  this game is dead and gg. Mickey made sure of that.

Play whatever you want, I don't care. Just don't come here trying to talk wolf about anyone else if you aren't going to stand by your words when it actually matters.

Anyways Mickey I gave it a try but I think the walls need to be specifically named for those functions to work (Like all the other damn stuff you hardcode). For example, the files I am using call the 1 tile granite wall a "Wall" rather than a "Granite Wall" and the rest of the walls are similarly named (without the use of granite) so I think that causes issue. Same for wood wall. Not sure what I can do about that.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2015, 11:38:31 am »
@Kaios, what content files are you selecting when you first open the editor? Maybe the walls are in a different order than my V2 files and yes, it is hard coded. Um, let me check the editor code...

Code: [Select]
If Item_Map(i, j).ItemID >= 2140 And Item_Map(i, j).ItemID <= 2155 Then       ' new v2 horizon base

For connecting granite walls, the item numbers need to be from 2140 to 2155.

The wood wall connector code is more dynamic but you still need the first wood wall selected and the 16 wall shape order must match V2. If your granite walls match the shape order then it should work as well.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2015, 12:24:46 pm »
it's the New_World files, of course. (Modified Nexus files I think)

But yeah I guess I could try making the map with some files that would work and then open it with New_World and see what I get but it's kind of to the point where I don't have time to deal with this tedious wolf, I just want to make a nice map for Eddie's server if we can ever get it open.

why u gotta hardcode everything

Offline hazze

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2015, 12:48:01 pm »
you can just fill with any item (item fill on empty surface), file > dump script, then open the rsf in notepad, and find+replace <any item> with <wall's item id>

Offline Roarion

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »
you can just fill with any item (item fill on empty surface), file > dump script, then open the rsf in notepad, and find+replace <any item> with <wall's item id>

Then use Johns rsf to map tool to convert the map back into working nexus .map format.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2015, 02:19:56 pm »
thanks guys but like I said this is too tedious I am not bothering with all of this for a dumb maze lol, why can't the program just work properly for crying out loud