Author Topic: Wand/Weapons  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Shimya

Wand/Weapons
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:03:54 am »
So can we really not have a weapon that can cast or a wand that can attack?  It seems if a weapon has the "wand" type, it prevents you from attacking, even if there is a damage type, skill, etc.  If a weapon is a "weapon" type, it prevents you from casting, even with a wand power.  I know RPGWO hasn't been updated in forever but this seems like such an easy thing to change.  Anyway this could be implemented?  I'm making a cool new kind of server that depends on being able to cast and attack at the same time with certain weapons.

Offline Roarion

Re: Wand/Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:52:33 pm »
So can we really not have a weapon that can cast or a wand that can attack?  It seems if a weapon has the "wand" type, it prevents you from attacking, even if there is a damage type, skill, etc.  If a weapon is a "weapon" type, it prevents you from casting, even with a wand power.  I know RPGWO hasn't been updated in forever but this seems like such an easy thing to change.  Anyway this could be implemented?  I'm making a cool new kind of server that depends on being able to cast and attack at the same time with certain weapons.

You can't do this. By using only weapons all you can get is something close to Warfans on hex (renewals / heal spells on weapons).

Alternatively cast and weapon cool down times are not the same. So it's possible to attack, switch to a wand and attack again. If you made spells that use an attack skill its possible to dump all the XP into a single skill. Not the best idea of PK though depending on the damage output. Basically sage spells on shadow if you remember those.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle