Author Topic: indieDB.com  (Read 23750 times)

Offline Roarion

Re: indieDB.com
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2014, 09:27:34 am »
if there was a decent new server(read that as no stupid molds) I would play...

I was waiting for Roar to finish his new server, but he may have given up on it.

Not worth the time, no one really plays anymore. I'm busy with school and getting more into app development anyway. Maybe one day if i'm bored out of my mind and feeling nostalgic.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Falcon

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2014, 08:58:03 am »
I'm attempting to set up a 24/7 pk server, but right now it's just finding a host. I do have an idea with using the amazon servers as one, but I can't figure out the port forwarding on it
Oldish player, not much else you need to know. Why are you even reading this, you should stop.. Please stop. Why are you not stopping?

Offline hazze

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »
I'm attempting to set up a 24/7 pk server, but right now it's just finding a host. I do have an idea with using the amazon servers as one, but I can't figure out the port forwarding on it

Console > Security Groups > Select your security group (might be 'default')

Edit inbound rules
Type: Custom TCP
Protocol: TCP
Port Range: (whatever port you set it for, like 4000)
Source: Anywhere 0.0.0.0/0

Save

Offline Falcon

« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »
Thank you sir! Now I have a 24/7 host up and running with a server!
Oldish player, not much else you need to know. Why are you even reading this, you should stop.. Please stop. Why are you not stopping?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2014, 07:36:21 pm »
give us the connect info...or else! ;D
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Falcon

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:30 pm »
Right now there is nothing at all to show, so there's no point unless you want an empty server. I also have to figure out why the server closes upon automatic restart.

Offline gas

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2014, 06:33:40 am »
Well im kinda in nostalgic mood so let me know if anything will be up except hexed.

Offline Falcon

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »
Depending on how many people would play, I could set up a temp test server, only it would be using the original v2 ini files, unless someone has some other ini files they would want me to use. If so, I'll give out the connection info.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »
I'm definitely hoping for something to play, but not the basic files that come with the V2...I hate molds!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Falcon

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2014, 12:05:14 am »
We're planning on removing molds entirely, and going back to the old ways of sheets. We are also looking into combining all the attacks into melee, missle, and support/offensive magics. Also adding in new types of weapons and crafting ideas.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »
We're planning on removing molds entirely, and going back to the old ways of sheets. We are also looking into combining all the attacks into melee, missle, and support/offensive magics. Also adding in new types of weapons and crafting ideas.

Do you want early hexed files? Sounds like most of that is already done in them, and they don't have the broken stuff the later admins added in.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline hazze

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2014, 08:53:18 pm »
Thank you sir! Now I have a 24/7 host up and running with a server!

If you need any help with AWS feel free to ask, I also help out on the AWS forums a fair bit (not quite ace/expert status yet though)

Please remember that EC2 is meant for compute. If you restart, you may lose all disk contents. If you restart, you may have a new external IP. You need to properly configure elastic IPs and block storage, don't lose all of your progress with one reboot.

Offline deaty

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2014, 09:50:49 pm »

Do you want early hexed files? Sounds like most of that is already done in them, and they don't have the broken stuff the later admins added in.

can i have the hexed old files? i gonna do the editing process of lazy falcon there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:52:55 pm by deaty »

Offline Roarion

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2014, 05:25:50 pm »

can i have the hexed old files? i gonna do the editing process of lazy falcon there.

I messaged you a link. I have 30 some quests that go along with those files, but I think you should put in the work to make your own.  :P
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Falcon

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2014, 06:04:22 pm »
Thanks for that advice hazze, I've given it an elastic IP and  the drive for it doesn't erase all data on restart, which is good :D. Roarion, I would love it if you would let us use the early hexed files, if you could send them to deaty.

Offline hazze

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2014, 09:37:23 pm »
Is there an expected open date for this ?

Offline Falcon

« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2014, 07:36:47 pm »
Right now, no. We're still working on a lot of stuff, plus stuff happening in real life  makes it much harder to solely work on the server itself.

Offline deaty

« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2014, 06:15:56 pm »
Roarian , did you use any files editor ? if so is it possible to share it with me? xD    :D

Offline Roarion

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »
Roarian , did you use any files editor ? if so is it possible to share it with me? xD    :D

Uhh I use notepad++ for the most part. I made a few scripts that would auto fix item numbers and some other things to speed up the process, but I just quickly slapped them together and a lot of the values were hard-coded.

If you ever run into problems on ini files being bizarre, use normal windows notepad. Sometimes notepad++ is fussy.

Here's the link http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mohegan