Author Topic: My Lunatik account  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Aive

My Lunatik account
« on: October 10, 2005, 08:22:08 pm »
The server is telling me my account doesn't exist, and the server's name changed to "luny". Please tell me all is not lost!

Offline Ravyn

My Lunatik account
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 10:27:30 pm »
Luny was wiped  all players lost

Offline Aive

My Lunatik account
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:33:40 pm »
Ugh...is this going to be a repeat problem?

Offline Daegan

My Lunatik account
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:46:52 pm »
Yep.

Servers wipe about every year, due to the fact that everyone hates luny it managed to go longer.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

@@@Admin Shan

My Lunatik account
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 01:13:51 pm »
UT took over luny cuz ghost and rha retired

Offline Grinch

My Lunatik account
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 03:29:07 pm »
Another server getting ready to take the plunge into UT's grasp.. of course the server won't come out of it's downward spiral..
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline StormyNight

My Lunatik account
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 05:09:35 pm »
The game itself is in a downward spiral, however, UT is a heavy stone adding to it's weight.

Offline Aive

My Lunatik account
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 04:33:17 pm »
I'm going to have to advise some friends against playing this game. It's such an awesome idea, but there's just no point if there's a realistic possibility that the server will be wiped just like that. I'm frustrated with the way things seem to be managed, and I wish someone would have kept me from throwing my money away. Granted my benefits can be transfered, but what's the point of perks like lifting the skill limit of 400 if there isn't a way for people to reach that point without losing everything. The management is famously uncaring, and I'm afraid I was a bit naive. I know from working with people that this game would make plenty of money if the following conditions were met:

1. Don't use VB, it's clunky and inefficient. Switch to C++ or C#

2. Don't hire admins that control by fear, you're looking for customers

3. Don't wipe the servers, and if you do, GIVE SOME WARNING

4. Update your site

Ugh...this could go on for a lot longer, but it's not going to make a damn bit of difference. I'm gonna hop around some forums and let kids know about just how crappy the management here is. What a frustrating waste of potential.

Offline Jon The Great

My Lunatik account
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 05:01:04 pm »
RPGWO has been dead for a while. The game does have a lot of potential thats why I offered to buy it for $xx,xxx But it seems wasted...The site really needs to redone. I have million things on my list but I am not going to say them does nothing good.

Offline Aive

My Lunatik account
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 07:09:24 pm »
Thought about striking out on your own? If you do, I've got a programming team, and we're at your service.

Offline Pirate Wings

My Lunatik account
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 09:37:17 pm »
The engine needs to be updated so more stuff can be done
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Aive

My Lunatik account
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 10:02:40 pm »
Eh, the game is pretty complete as it is. All it needs is some decent management, which is the biggest shame imaginable. These guys have a GREAT game and they're choking it to death. It's so rare to see such a well designed and well made MMO, one in which almost any item that can be seen can be manufactured, but it's like the girl in highschool who doesn't KNOW how pretty she is, so she dresses like a tramp. Many of the admins seem like they were just grandfathered in, and have absolutely no qualifying features other than a schedule that's as blank as the expression on Paris Hilton's face. Having absolutely no admins on the servers at all would be better than having these admins that enforce the most arbitrary rules, while excluding the basic comforts implied by a balanced user agreement. I've never wanted to see such a beautiful game fail so miserably before...and I feel dirty.

I'm sorry, that wasn't much of a response to your statement, but I'm gonna need to vent here for a bit.

P.S. Some admins aren't evil (you know who you are)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:07:25 pm by Aive »

Offline Daegan

My Lunatik account
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 09:16:12 pm »
Eh, the game is pretty complete as it is. All it needs is some decent management, which is the biggest shame imaginable. These guys have a GREAT game and they're choking it to death. It's so rare to see such a well designed and well made MMO, one in which almost any item that can be seen can be manufactured, but it's like the girl in highschool who doesn't KNOW how pretty she is, so she dresses like a tramp. Many of the admins seem like they were just grandfathered in, and have absolutely no qualifying features other than a schedule that's as blank as the expression on Paris Hilton's face. Having absolutely no admins on the servers at all would be better than having these admins that enforce the most arbitrary rules, while excluding the basic comforts implied by a balanced user agreement. I've never wanted to see such a beautiful game fail so miserably before...and I feel dirty.

I'm sorry, that wasn't much of a response to your statement, but I'm gonna need to vent here for a bit.

P.S. Some admins aren't evil (you know who you are)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You sir, i give the seal of FTGOTG.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Mark

My Lunatik account
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 05:59:46 pm »
LUNYS GONE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phobos - Legend level 71 Thrower (retried due to wipe)
Shadow - Shadow Tradesmen (Active)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Crack Pipe

My Lunatik account
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 06:24:19 pm »
luny been closed for a long time now if you haven't noticed